It always make me chuckle

Cobrango

Power User
Every time I read about someone pulling of the "idiot move" of connecting the usb cable to the ethernet connection on the axe-fx II and frying things up etc. it always make me chuckle. I've been baffled from thinking about how it's even possible. Just remember where the ports are, have a look, just, anything.
Mine is an early 2012 mk 1 axe-fx, and I've never done the mistake myself, but I've not been gigging either.

Yesterday I was setting up my laptop and I plugged in the mouse but somehow it was not working.
What the hell is going on, right?
Checked the connection, plugged in.
Wtf.
Pulled it out.
Felt a bit tight.
Wtf.
Checked the port.
Ethernet port..
What is happening to me?
What is this feeling I feel?
My arrogance, oh god no my arrogance is fading away!
Who's the idiot now? - well, me.

We're not idiots guys, it's an idiot move, but that does not make us an idiot.
I understand this now that I'm on the other side, the usb into ethernet port side.

me, standing up: "Hi, I'm Torje Amundsen, and I connect my usb cable to my ethernet port."
crowd in circle of chairs: "Hiiiii Torje."
me: sitting back down.

We're just humans (apparently), and we need to be more forgiving to ourselves.
I now have empathy for all of you on this side, I guess you could say I feel a way stronger connection..
Like the feeling of the tight strong connection of the usb cable into the ethernet port,
god damn it I'm an idiot, how could I be so dumb, lol.

Btw the mouse is okay, nothing was fried - and that's even worse, because all that really happened was..

the feeling (of being an idiot). I love you all, and you should love yourself more, lol.

I've got all my important connections routed to a 1U front panel, including the USB. So not only have I never made this mistake (arrogance still intact :cool::p), I also never even heard of people making this mistake (arrogance only now just installing).

I remember about hearing this when researching the Axe FX II. First thing once I got it was tape over the ethernet port with about 10 strips of hockey tape (10 may be an overkill, but I'd probably find a way to break it with less). Got the tip from @chris

Back
Top Bottom