Issues with internal clipping and boosting

Hi
I have attached my main go to preset used for rehearsal and live gigging. I play through an FR12
The issue I am having is not levelling the scenes, but rather internal clipping when I boost a scene, I use a filter block to boost when required and I need the boost to be sufficient to cut through the mix when I need to be the dominant rhythm player or playing some lead. The internal clipping appears when I boost

Can someone please assist me to fix this? I am no tech and struggle a little with that side of things. I have tried to reduce the amp output but all that does is lower the boost sound and I need the boost to be siginificantly louder

Please keep it simple or alternatively fix the attached. Appreciate any help you can provide--Cheers

Attachments

• RunForCover Mk1.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
IMHO,
  • The post-compression is interfering with getting your different Amp channel initial levels correct. Most of which are a bit too hot. The rhythm scenes should sit at around the '0' dB line in the Output block. Temporarily disable the Comp in all scenes, and adjust the Amp 'Levels'.
  • Once those are relatively balanced, re-add the post-compression and adjust it's 'Level' to maintain that '0' dB output in the Output block.
  • Your Filter 'boost' has a 3 dB mid boost and it's 'Level' is set to 5 dB. That combo is a pretty big jump. Lowering your overall levels will give you a bit more headroom for the boost, but you may want to reduce that Filter block level to around 3-4 dB?
  • I would move any Delays and Reverbs to after the post-compression, and your Filter 'boost', as they can affect the levels of the 'tails'
Note, Couldn't evaluate the 'Piezo Acoustic' scene as it uses a 'User' IR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom