Issues with importing someone else's Axe-Fx banks - please help.

Brock

Experienced
A friend recently sent me a bank of his Axe-Fx tones which I believe he created on 15.02 (maybe a bit earlier). I'm on 16.03. Using Fractal Bot, I imported his bank. The majority of them imported with the Amp block settings at 0. I then loaded in his system.syx file and the Amp blocks' values changed to his settings. Loading his system.syx file overwrote my settings - which, of course, I understood would happen (and I was prepared for as I'd backed up my own settings prior to loading his).

Is it possible to load his bank with the correct Amp block values while keeping my own system settings? Is the work around to load his bank and settings, export presets I like, then restore my own settings, and import those specific patches? Or will that also not work?

My guess is I'm missing something... E.g., if he were to update his Axe-Fx to the latest firmware, would it wipe out all his Amp block values? I've updated my firmware dozens of times and never lost any Amp block values.

Axe Edit doesn't allow importing bank files. Or are you suggested importing the bank, exporting all the presets, and then re-importing the presets after reloading my own settings?

Is it possible to load his bank with the correct Amp block values while keeping my own system settings? Is the work around to load his bank and settings, export presets I like, then restore my own settings, and import those specific patches? Or will that also not work?

Sounds like he's using global blocks for the amps so, no, you cannot import his banks without his system settings. He should unlink all his globals before exporting his bank files for you if you want to keep your system settings. Alternatively, you can:

• Back up your system settings to disk
  • Import his banks
  • Import his system settings
  • Unlink all his global blocks for everything (UTILTY button, PRESET page, scroll down to STRIP ALL GLOBAL DATA and you can do it for everything in one button press)
  • Import your saved system settings from disk

Back
Top Bottom