Issues with Fractal Bot Recognizing AX8 Midi

LancerS

Inspired
Hello,

I just found some time this weekend to finally update to the latest V8.02 firmware for the AX8 and can not seem to get the Fractal Bot to recognize the midi in port on my AX8...that is to say I have a green check by the device at the top and the midi out on the bottom but not the midi in in the middle of the Fractal Bot "Ready" window.

I have re-started the latest version of Fractal Bot, changed USB cables and ports and even installed my AX8, editor, and fractal bot on another computer I have just to make sure....still no green light on the midi in which I suspect is the cause for the fractal bot being able to initialize.

Could there be an issue with the midi in port on the AX8? If so, is there a solution or work around?

I appreciate your thoughts and reccomendations.

Can't really help you directly but I was having EXACTLY the same problem. I unplugged my audio interface, restarted my laptop and it all worked. Stupid question I guess but have you restarted?

Make sure axedit is completly closed. Then unplug and re plug the usb. Then in the future make sure axedit is closed before opening the bot.

Ok,
What I discovered was that the no matter what the sequence of start-ups, connections, re-starts, etc., as soon as the Fractal Bot opened all the ports and had green checks, the AX8 editor would remain disconnected until I turned off the fractal-bot....I know this is not normal as I have used both simultaneously before.

Having said that I was able to update to the new firmware, but, without the AX8 editor connected...And, I was able to load a new pre-set, but, ONLY if the editor was "disconnected" at which point I would get a message window on the fractal bot telling me that the pre-set had "successfully been loaded to the edit buffer of the AX8" at which point I turn off the fractal bot and turn on the editor (which would connect only after the bot was turned off) which then saves the pre-set....this did not work with all pre-sets I tried either. 3 of the 5 I tried this way would give me a message from the bot stating that it "did not support this operation"?

Needless to say, I am a little more than perplexed with the issue as I know this is not the normal fractal-bot / editor operation...otherwise you wouldn't be able to protect existing pre-sets when updating firmware which is the whole idea anyway.

I will add that I had to send the AX8 off for warranty repair of the power supply recently (lost my presets in the process) and just until now had the time to dig back in perform the firmware update and try to add some of the really cool presets I have been listening to lately.

Any thoughts...or I am I missing something here....?

Thank you for your time.

Thats been normal for me going back to version 4.x. talked to tech support and they advised me ss I said above. Might have to do with differences in operating systems or hardware? If you can get done what needs to be done then I don't worry about it.

So how are you able to back anything up if Fractal-Bot and the editor aren't working simultaneously? As I said in the previous post, I even loaded everything on a newer computer running a newer operating system...so I don't think the glitch is in O.S. incompatibilities.

So how are you able to back anything up if Fractal-Bot and the editor aren't working simultaneously?
the edit has nothing to do with backing any thing up at all. it is just a control interface for the AX-8. the Bot is for making back ups.

You MUST close AX8-Edit before starting FractalBot...........And the other way around.....

Only one can connect at a time.

I understand the differences; I just thought in order to protect existing pre-sets already on the AX8, the Fractal Bot handled the actual porting / transferring of the AX8 midi in and outs so as not to corrupt existing files while updating firmware and transferring files.
Anyway, this is news to me....the Fractal-Bot MIDI Utility Manual doesn't even mention the AX8 much less the fact that only the editor or the Fractal -Bot can connect only one at a time on the AX8.
I appreciate your help.

I'm having this issue to, I can't connect to ANYTHING. AXEdit just updated and it won't register the AX8 now. Get the midi failure notification with Fractal Bot too :(

Yup me too. I have had occasional connection timeouts when starting AX8-Edit like most people but have always been able to get around that. Last night I I turned it on and connected it to my iMac. This is the first time in about 6 weeks as I have moved interstate for work for 3 months and took all of my music stuff with me. The AX8 seems to be working fine, so is the computer. The cable was securely packed and is undamaged (but I will replace it tonight with a new one just in case). It is very frustrating I must say. I have tried AX8 Edit, FracBot, and another free software to connect abut not one success. Tonight I might install AX8-Edit on my work laptop that is running Windows 10 and see I get any joy.

Yup me too. I have had occasional connection timeouts when starting AX8-Edit like most people but have always been able to get around that. Last night I I turned it on and connected it to my iMac. This is the first time in about 6 weeks as I have moved interstate for work for 3 months and took all of my music stuff with me. The AX8 seems to be working fine, so is the computer. The cable was securely packed and is undamaged (but I will replace it tonight with a new one just in case). It is very frustrating I must say. I have tried AX8 Edit, FracBot, and another free software to connect abut not one success. Tonight I might install AX8-Edit on my work laptop that is running Windows 10 and see I get any joy.
So I purchased another USB cable on hte way home from work. turned everything on and started AX8 Edit with everything left as it was last night and it worked flawlessly right off hte bat. So now I have a back-up USB cable - unopened Doh!. Frustrating and no idea why it was broken yesterday. Still - had a load of fun tonight ;-)

Back
Top Bottom