Issues with converted presets from the II XL to the III. Normal y/n?

skracus

Inspired

Hi folks. This past week I spent time converting from the II to the III and came across something odd/ interesting. I used scene controllers to control the Threshold of Input gate on the II and noticed that when the presets were converted with Fractool that the scene controllers were still attached to the Input 1 gate which was odd considering you can't attach a modifier to the input gate now (as far as I know). I reset the block and this did not remove them so I set all scene controllers to zero, deleted the block and brought it back in. Only then could I freely change the values of the input gate. It was odd changing the threshold and watching it immediately bounce back to its previous value. Anyone else run into this?

Also had one preset that when switching between scene 1 and scene 2 or 3 there would be an audible dropout. The only change between scenes was turning either a phase or flange block on or off. No amp changes or anything that I know would cause that issue.

I guess the point of my post is really understanding if there are any conversion issues to be aware of from the II to the III that I should be aware of. I used Axe-Edit pre 1.0 release and FW 1.15 during all of my editing. I do have presets I could upload as well if anyone is interested but at this point I've corrected my issues just looking to see if there's any similar experiences out there. I have plenty of programming left to do.

Great news is that the III was killer. So killer in fact that I don't even recall looking at it all night. It just worked and sounded fantastic to my ears. I received mine back in Late March I believe so it's been long but well worth it wait.

Yes, the modifier option was not included in the input/gate blocks, hardware or axe edit. However, you can still access the modifier settings thru the modifier list in axe edit. (Yay) Only converted presets though, you cannot add a modifier to the input block gate settings (yet). I would expect that the modifiers should be added to the interface at some point, since it is super useful. Clean stuff I set the gate off or at a very low input sensitivity but use scene controllers to increase it for high gain and increase even more for boosted lead stuff.

Thanks! Yeah that's exactly what I used to do with the scene controllers. I hope it does make its way back at some point even though the same can be done with the gate block. Was just the way I thought about it. I appreciate the info!

Hi folks. This past week I spent time converting from the II to the III and came across something odd/ interesting. I used scene controllers to control the Threshold of Input gate on the II and noticed that when the presets were converted with Fractool that the scene controllers were still attached to the Input 1 gate which was odd considering you can't attach a modifier to the input gate now (as far as I know). I reset the block and this did not remove them so I set all scene controllers to zero, deleted the block and brought it back in. Only then could I freely change the values of the input gate. It was odd changing the threshold and watching it immediately bounce back to its previous value. Anyone else run into this?

Also had one preset that when switching between scene 1 and scene 2 or 3 there would be an audible dropout. The only change between scenes was turning either a phase or flange block on or off. No amp changes or anything that I know would cause that issue.

I guess the point of my post is really understanding if there are any conversion issues to be aware of from the II to the III that I should be aware of. I used Axe-Edit pre 1.0 release and FW 1.15 during all of my editing. I do have presets I could upload as well if anyone is interested but at this point I've corrected my issues just looking to see if there's any similar experiences out there. I have plenty of programming left to do.

Great news is that the III was killer. So killer in fact that I don't even recall looking at it all night. It just worked and sounded fantastic to my ears. I received mine back in Late March I believe so it's been long but well worth it wait.

tone is really clear, and the tone is spot on. great playing!

Why do you remove these modifiers? As long as there are no issues and they work well, you could keep them?

Yes this is a known issue in FracTool, can you gimme a II preset with such behavior so i could fix it?

Back
Top Bottom