Not a Bug Issue with Footswitch Toggle Function

lyounkins

I created a custom footswitch layout where footswitch #1 toggles between scenes 1/5, footswitch #2 toggles between scenes 2/6 and footswitch #3 toggles between scenes 3/7. The label for each footswitch is set to 'Current Name'. When tapping on any footswitch, the labels for ALL footswitches change to the 'Current Name' for the selected footswitch. Is this expected behavior? I would have thought that only the label for the selected footswitch would change.
I see the same behavior if Mini-Display Label value is set to 'Destination Name', 'Destination #' or 'Current #'.

FM3 firmware v8.0, FM3-Edit v1.06.09

You have the footswitch set to show “Current Name.” These are Scene footswitches, so they will show the name of the current scene. There is only one current scene, so they will all display the same scene name.

Okay.. I have the same exact question... so in your response, how would one set up a switch (Lets say switch 1) to be Rythm 1 (Name of scene 1) and toggle set to scene 2 at the tap of the switch. THAT mini display should show under current Name to be either One or Two and so on.. are you saying this isn't possible for switch 2 and 3?

And the other point is that Switch 1 and Switch 2 show the same name, but switch 3 shows how I programmed swith 3. Sorry, but this FM3 is confusing.. Needs UX Design!

I just changed all switches to "Destination Name" and the work as lyounkins mentioned, BUT I want the currnt seen not the destination shown. Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:
Okay.. I have the same exact question... so in your response, how would one set up a switch (Lets say switch 1) to be Rythm 1 (Name of scene 1) and toggle set to scene 2 at the tap of the switch. THAT mini display should show under current Name to be either One or Two and so on.. are you saying this isn't possible for switch 2 and 3?

And the other point is that Switch 1 and Switch 2 show the same name, but switch 3 shows how I programmed swith 3. Sorry, but this FM3 is confusing.. Needs UX Design!

I just changed all switches to "Destination Name" and the work as lyounkins mentioned, BUT I want the currnt seen not the destination shown. Thanks for any help in advance.
There is only one current scene.

The label option of Current Scene shows that name.

Reactions: Rex

you want the current Scene showed IF that scene number is programmed anywhere on that specific footswitch, but other footswitches without that scene number anywhere on the those switches you want it to show what happens if you press it, and you want that logic to change depending on which footswitch is engaged at the current moment in time.

right?

3 switches = (1) (2) (3)
I have a preset with 8 scenes I want to toggle using the three switches.
(1) = Rythm1 scene 1 Rythm, [Toggle] Rythm2 Scene 2 Rythm w/FX
(2) = LEAD 1 scene 6 [Toggle] LEAD FX scene 7
(3) = CLEAN 1 scene 4 [Toggle] CLEAN FX scene 8

So the coorusponding switches show in the mini display
RYTHM - LEAD - CLEAN

and when RYTHM switch toggled:
RYTHM 2 - LEAD - CLEAN

OR LEAD is toggled:
RYTHM 2 - LEAD FX - CLEAN

all other switches keep their same display unless toggled.

So the weird thing is SOMETIMES it works, OTHERTIMES the mini display shows when RYTHM is stepped on, all three dispays change to

RYTHM2 - RYTHM2 -RYTHM2

which isn't useful as I see it. why would you want all three pedals to display the same thing when you have only stepped on one switch?

Thanks for the response.

3 switches = (1) (2) (3)
I have a preset with 8 scenes I want to toggle using the three switches.
(1) = Rythm1 scene 1 Rythm, [Toggle] Rythm2 Scene 2 Rythm w/FX
(2) = LEAD 1 scene 6 [Toggle] LEAD FX scene 7
(3) = CLEAN 1 scene 4 [Toggle] CLEAN FX scene 8

So the coorusponding switches show in the mini display
RYTHM - LEAD - CLEAN

and when RYTHM switch toggled:
RYTHM 2 - LEAD - CLEAN

OR LEAD is toggled:
RYTHM 2 - LEAD FX - CLEAN

all other switches keep their same display unless toggled.

So the weird thing is SOMETIMES it works, OTHERTIMES the mini display shows when RYTHM is stepped on, all three dispays change to

RYTHM2 - RYTHM2 -RYTHM2

which isn't useful as I see it. why would you want all three pedals to display the same thing when you have only stepped on one switch?

Thanks for the response.
As already mentioned, there's only one "current". If your switches are all set to current, that's what will show on all the labels.

This is not a bug - it is the designed behavior.

Thank you for your answer. So how would one do what we are trying to accomplish as already mentioned? Future feature? And if not a bug. then why doesn't the behavior be consistant depending on which switch you hit? They all do not show the same thing. Just curious

Thank you for your answer. So how would one do what we are trying to accomplish as already mentioned? Future feature? And if not a bug. then why doesn't the behavior be consistant depending on which switch you hit? They all do not show the same thing. Just curious
If they don't all do it then I have to assume your switch setup isn't consistent.

There's no way to do what you're asking... And I personally don't really understand the desire for a switch to tell you what scene you've selected, but I understand that everyone has a different workflow.

You could submit a wish, but I'm almost certain that it was already wished and that is when the current capability was added (and was complained about and discussed in depth at that time).

I appreciate the help! Thank you very much.. I was trying to make a simple Rythm, Lead, Clean workflow for when I play live but Destination is a work around. I'm not ruling out me being :veryconfused:about this thing.

Hmmm.. It seems I am using this machine incorrectly in my thinking it seems when it comes to this contraption... back to the manual.

Back
Top Bottom