Not a Bug Issue with Channel Switching on Reverb 2 Block

I have created a preset that uses channels A and B of Reverb block 2. Channel A has scene ignore activated and Channel B does not. Channel A is designed to be used among most of the scenes in this preset as a click on/off solution for adding washy reverb. However, scene 6 is designed as an ambient scene only, hence I wanted to use channel B as always on for that scene, despite what I was doing with channel A on other scenes. I have turned the effect on and selected channel B before saving the preset.

Whenever I select channel A for, let's say scene 1, and turn it on and off, since it has scene ignore on, whenever I flip over to scene 6 (the ambient scene), channel B of the same Reverb block will not turn on. It remains bypassed and shows that it did not change to channel B but instead remained on channel A. I even checked the scene manager, and it says that channel B is supposed to be on.

Is there a way to fix this or is this by unfortunate design? Is the scene ignore function of channel A producing this issue of mine?

You might get the desired result here by disabling scene ignore for all channels and assigning a Control Switch as reverb bypass modifier. Set CS Per Scene (in Controllers menu of editor, FC Per-Preset menu on hardware) to "on" so it's engaged on that scene with channel B, and "last" for the other scenes.

Thanks all for your quick input!

After more troubleshooting I created a working solution!

• decided to use only channel A since they had the same exact settings, kept scene ignore on
  • added two controllers to the bypass function:
    • Scene Controller 1, where scene six would always have the effect active
    • Control Switch 3, to have an active switch to be able to bypass the effect
  • made sure only scene 6 had the 100% parameter to turn the effect on always
  • used the control switch as a simple on/off
  • now the effect can be on or off no matter the scene I switch to, depending on if I tap the switch. This rule is ignored only on scene 6, where it is on no matter what. However, if control switch 3 was off before entering scene 6, it will remain off once I leave scene 6.
I feel accomplished now :p Thanks again to everyone's direction!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom