Is your studio still evolving?

continued:

Rounded up four more Mogami TS cables, so now I can reconnect a beat buddy pedal, and ordered a six foot TRS cable for the EV-2 Pedal.

Ordered a Furman power strip and a one spot thingy w/extra plugs attachment

Last edited:
The journey is more fun then the destination to me…

Being I probably enjoy planning new ideas, getting different stuff etc, than actually sitting down and using what I’ve got lol, so I think it’s always going to be about that next piece

Is there any software package that is useful to add bass, drums, keys that is good to your original stuff, and working out riffs and stuff? Anything that can follow along somewhat and get a basic rhythm sections, and acoustic piano especially would be great.

I am totally unaware of how to use things like EZ Drummer and Band in a Box, or if they are worth anything. Maybe I'll stick with hunting down backing tracks, which is fine for practice and improvising.

Last edited:

Being I probably enjoy planning new ideas, getting different stuff etc, than actually sitting down and using what I’ve got lol, so I think it’s always going to be about that next piece
100%

Definitely, I am going to try to use try to use what I have more. I have a lot of unexplored cabs and preset ideas just on the Fractal, hundreds.

I was asking about accompaniment software as a part of developing the studio. Not much going on where I live that interests me, and I am trying to learn recording better, as I have heard really solid tracks from people who say they used Garage Band, I am sitting on Logic Pro that I bought 3 months ago, and haven't learned it's capabilities. I wish I had more time!

I don't know anything more than some basics about Logic, it is easy to use and somewhat intuitive so far, like fading volume using the volume leveling track with points you click on and stuff like that. The EZ Drummer/Bass stuff also comes with a mixer and you can pick another package, so say - acoustic piano keys, $425 USD. That is quite an investment for software, but it seems as though it has plugins that would work in Logic, since Sweetwater has offered it as standalone, plugin, or complete type packages. It is difficult to figure out what is good and if anyone has real success using it because of all the ads and the weak articles that just say everything is great, without offering any substance. Not trying to be overly critical, but I would like to develop some instrumental tracks and get them out on Soundcloud, etc., maybe find a vocalist and other musicians to play drums, bass, keys, etc, who would collaborate online even over great geographic distances.

Back
Top Bottom