Is this possible on the MFC?

DaveZ

Inspired
Is this possible in the same fashion on the MFC:

"One expression pedal controlling multiple effects

I can do this easily with the Gordius.
I can assign the pedal to any parameter I want when activating an effect block.
When Deactivating it, it returns to the default. "

So you could have it defaulted at wah/whammy etc for your preset but if I engage drive I can control gain etc with the same pedal.

Thanks,
Dave

Yes. For example, by assigning parameters in different effect blocks to the same External Controller.

Yes. For example, by assigning parameters in different effect blocks to the same External Controller.

Thanks, that sounds like realtime control over everything assigned though right?

In other words if I assigned wah and whammy to the same controller theyd both be controlled at the same time, I want to be able to switch from one to the other... And was curious if it can be done similarly to the way I mentioned above.

Dave

Yup. A lot (but not all) params can be assigned to a modifier/controller. Whether it's the Gordius or the MFC you're using, makes no difference.

Yup. A lot (but not all) params can be assigned to a modifier/controller. Whether it's the Gordius or the MFC you're using, makes no difference.

Sweet! So I know how to assign a controller but how do I have it switch control back and forth based on the status of an IA/Effect block?

Edit: I did read the Wiki on how to use a mixer block.. but was checking on this particular method.

Dave

Last edited:
You might be describing something more advanced on the Gordius, if it's switching between 2 different CC#s for the pedal and returning the unused one to a fixed value.

The method that any basic pedal & switch can accomplish is having the pedal (one CC#) assigned to the parameters you want to sweep in both effects, then assigning the switch (another CC#) to something like bypass/levels/mix in a way that lets only one effect be heard at a time.

I think there's a way the MFC could imitate the first style using an alternate preset and internal CCs or custom preset sysex, where it would change the pedal to another CC# and output the desired fixed value for the previous CC#. But to do that would require pressing an MFC switch, not using an external switch.

You might be describing something more advanced on the Gordius, if it's switching between 2 different CC#s for the pedal and returning the unused one to a fixed value.

The method that any basic pedal & switch can accomplish is having the pedal (one CC#) assigned to the parameters you want to sweep in both effects, then assigning the switch (another CC#) to something like bypass/levels/mix in a way that lets only one effect be heard at a time.

I think there's a way the MFC could imitate the first style using an alternate preset and internal CCs or custom preset sysex, where it would change the pedal to another CC# and output the desired fixed value for the previous CC#. But to do that would require pressing an MFC switch, not using an external switch.

Yep, that's what I was referring to, the quote is from a post talking about the Gordius Jr.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom