Is this conversion chart accurate (compressor content) ?

VegaBaby

Fractal Fanatic
I found this following chart on the Wiki. Seems useful since the values on the Axe don't really match most real life compressors...

The Axe-fx use from 1-10 rather than ms for the attack and release settings. They are scaled in an inverse log relationship to 1 to 1000ms. This was confusing at first because a setting of 10 indicates a faster attack rate which means 1 millisecond. Same thing with release - just remember they are rates and not times. Faster rates mean lower values.

Axe-Fx Setting : Actual Time (attack or release)

1 : 1000ms
2 : 954ms
3 : 903ms
5 : 778ms
7 : 602ms
8 : 477ms
9.0 : 301ms
9.2 : 255ms
9.5 : 176ms
9.7 : 114ms
9.9 : 41ms
9.92 : 33ms
9.95 : 21ms
9.97 : 13ms
9.98 : 9ms
9.99 : 4ms
10.0 : 1ms

Was this ever 'approved' by Cliff, or Cliff, could you approve it in case you might read this ?

I believe the comment about how the numbers are derived are from Cliff and some one else calculated that out.

xrist04 said:
This table was derived by benjam, back at the beginning of August 2008.

viewtopic.php?p=2360#p2360
Yeah, I remembered about that topic when I stumbled across the chart, browsing the Wiki. I'm not sure though if it's actually ever been verified by Cliff. That's why I was asking...

This would have been really helpful yesterday when I spent two hours trying to get the compression right for my new tele. The stupid thing is that I had seen it before but totally forgot that it existed.

D

Wow, I've become famous! :lol:

I took Cliff's comments and plotted it in Excel, nothing fancy. I don't think he ever verified that my calculations were correct.

Back
Top Bottom