Is this a sucker deal?

Sixstring

Legend!
I have been thinking of upgrading my Soundcraft ui16 to the ui24r. I found this deal on Aliexpress and was thinking this is a full on sucker deal. I have no experience with buying on Aliexpress can anyone confirm if this is legit or not?

Same shop on AliExpress also sell THIS :D
I would pass.

Many, many items on AliExpress is of questionable quality or fake. There are some decent dealers, but then its usually not the greatest deal on earth.
Sometimes there are also real and genuine items that "slip out" the factory back door and getting sold on various sites.
Save yourself headache and money and look elsewhere
thanks

Screams 'sucker deal'. The only mention of the ui24r is in the photo and title about "discount on fast delivery". Nothing that I'm seeing clearly states that what you are paying for is the ui24r. Nothing in the description remotely mentions the actual item.

Thanks guys!

I was thinking this was a too good to be true but sometimes your judgment can be clouded by what you are looking for especially when the price is that low, couple that with an unfamiliar site and I get nervous.

I wouldn't trust Ali Express at all. Far too many counterfeits there. That said, I do recommend the Ui24R. I've been using one for a while and really like it. I started with the XR-18, which I also liked a lot, but I got frustrated with the inconsistency in the various apps available for the XR-18. Totally different UI between iOS, Android, and Windows devices.

I wouldn't trust Ali Express at all. Far too many counterfeits there. That said, I do recommend the Ui24R. I've been using one for a while and really like it. I started with the XR-18, which I also liked a lot, but I got frustrated with the inconsistency in the various apps available for the XR-18. Totally different UI between iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
Yeah I have been leery of Aliexpress so I have stayed away from it. I have been really happy with the ui16 I just want more Aux outs! One of the reasons I went with the Soundcraft mixer is the closed network ui. All of the mixers that are WiFi based seem to have the one thing in common and that's poor connection stability. I did what most do and added a good wireless router and fixed the problem.

Well... I couldn't resist and bought one. Today I received a small box of packing foam and have started the refund process. So that does feel like a scam doesn't it. Just came here to say I think you made the right decision!

Well... I couldn't resist and bought one. Today I received a small box of packing foam and have started the refund process. So that does feel like a scam doesn't it. Just came here to say I think you made the right decision!
It was empty? Not even a brick?

Nope not even a brick. The box wasn’t big enough for that. I just got a little bit of packing foam in a box about the size of a guitar pedal. So we’ll see if the AliExpress refund system works…

Attachments

• 47DFB72A-E525-402C-9003-E1D3CE5A42E8.jpeg
    47DFB72A-E525-402C-9003-E1D3CE5A42E8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Nope not even a brick. The box wasn’t big enough for that. I just got a little bit of packing foam in a box about the size of a guitar pedal. So we’ll see if the AliExpress refund system works…
If anything man you have moxy for taking that on...

I’m guessing that’s how some of the lovely people there make money. Advertise something they have no intention of sending, then fuck around any buyers with an impossible refund process until the buyer gives up. Please keep us posted, if only to serve as a lesson to us all NOT to ever consider buying from them.

Thanks
Pauly

I’m guessing that’s how some of the lovely people there make money. Advertise something they have no intention of sending, then fuck around any buyers with an impossible refund process until the buyer gives up. Please keep us posted, if only to serve as a lesson to us all NOT to ever consider buying from them.

Thanks
Pauly
Yeah I can’t quite work out the scam. I have once before had a refund with AliExpress and it was fine, no different to eBay. Maybe they just hang on to lots of people’s cash to make interest on it for a short time?

Maybe - what a bunch of slime balls
Yeah I can’t quite work out the scam. I have once before had a refund with AliExpress and it was fine, no different to eBay. Maybe they just hang on to lots of people’s cash to make interest on it for a short time?

And now the cash is back in my account, credited on the same day it left. So the AliExpress platform seems good. Refund was easy and not too slow. I don’t get the scam, what do they get out of this?

Back
Top Bottom