Is There Some Intuitive Programming Built-In?

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
No, not from the end-user's view.

From the inner workings of the FM9. Reason for my saying this is because was because before dinner Monday, I was trying to build an EVH preset with a Brit Brown amp block, and used channels A, B, & C for the 4 respective scenes that used Channels A, B, C, & C again.

This is where my eyes widened. As each scene was created, Clean, Crunch, Lead & Phaser, with the respective channels, something interesting happened.

Clean had its gain set to 1.0, with appropriate EQ tweaks. Crunch's gain automatically defaulted to 3.71 with automatic EQ tweaks. (What?) And Lead & Phaser (Channel C) gain defaulted to 4.91, again with additional EQ tweaks. (Again what?)

Does this mean that the FM9 anticipates scene tweaks and automatically modifies them itself without prompting?

I know the AI in my iTunes Playlist has some connective anticipation based on several factors. Is the FM9 stepping up to this level as well?

No it does not anticipate what you are thinking in your mind, it does not connect with our minds.

It may have loaded the settings from a previous preset or something.
LOL, that's really not what I was saying...I didn't mean to imply that a mind-reader thing is happening here...

What I was asking was is there some established programming within the FM9 that anticipates when you might build a series of scenes using the same amp block. That is, from clean to crunch to lead. My FM9 did exactly that. I'm not knocking it yet. It just seemed very coincidental that both the gain and EQ settings changed as the same amp block was used, and different channels were used. And no, I've not used this particular amp model before...

Last edited:
LOL, that's really not what I was saying...I didn't mean to imply that a mind-reader thing is happening here...

What I was asking was is there some established programming within the FM9 that anticipates when you might build a series of scenes using the same amp block. That is, from clean to crunch to lead. My FM9 did exactly that. I'm not knocking it yet. It just seemed very coincidental that both the gain and EQ settings changed as the same amp block was used, and different channels were used. And no, I've not used this particular amp model before...
gotcha haha.

no it doesn't do that. it's usually old settings from a previous preset that can get recalled when adding a block. i don't know exactly what it's pulling from. maybe you clicked around to presets for ideas, then started adding and it was those settings.

I think some blocks remember how you last set them, and default to those settings next time. Not positive, haven't tried to really nail it down, but a few times I've thought something like that might be happening.

I think some blocks remember how you last set them, and default to those settings next time. Not positive, haven't tried to really nail it down, but a few times I've thought something like that might be happening.

I have noticed this as well. Not consistent enough to define it, but not at default settings either. It would be great if someone at FAS could explain how this works.

gotcha haha.

no it doesn't do that. it's usually old settings from a previous preset that can get recalled when adding a block. i don't know exactly what it's pulling from. maybe you clicked around to presets for ideas, then started adding and it was those settings.
I'm wondering if there might be a reason why the FM9 recalls familiar settings for certain scenes, and if not, it's not likely there's any active AI learning happening...perhaps just when certain scenes were named the same, some reference points were recalled for current use?

I'm wondering if there might be a reason why the FM9 recalls familiar settings for certain scenes, and if not, it's not likely there's any active AI learning happening...perhaps just when certain scenes were named the same, some reference points were recalled for current use?
when I use my main preset, then go to a blank one and insert the amp block, all channels on this new one are the same as my new preset. It’s the block, what’s last in memory. Most blocks seem to reset, but the amp block retains it.

when I use my main preset, then go to a blank one and insert the amp block, all channels on this new one are the same as my new preset. It’s the block, what’s last in memory. Most blocks seem to reset, but the amp block retains it.
If that's the case for presets, then it stands to reason that it also applies for channels. Indiscriminate of what amp model was used.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Thank God for this forum. It would otherwise all be Greek to me.

Back
Top Bottom