Is there ever a day I plug into my AxeFX III and I am not thrilled?

mngolf

Inspired
No. No, there is not. Day after day after day, I am simply thrilled with this amazing product. 2 years in and I am still in the honeymoon period. So fun to have gear you love this much. Was playing with a DC30 EF86 and my Tele this morning - just perfect!

Love it!

No. No, there is not. Day after day after day, I am simply thrilled with this amazing product. 2 years in and I am still in the honeymoon period. So fun to have gear you love this much. Was playing with a DC30 EF86 and my Tele this morning - just perfect!

Love it!

Love it!
The AxeFx III turbo is all I’ve wanted since around 1974/75. Almost as much joy as the day my dad brought home a Vox Hurricane and Kay 705 tremolo to plug it into!

Well yeah, but it's nothing to do w the Axe, happened to me sometimes long before modelers were anyone's fantasy even.

Some days I just can't find the cool stuff. Everything feels stiff and forced and used up, like who would possibly give a sh1t about this blah blah I got going on. If that's how it is, I put away the guitar and go do something else. I'm not gigging any more, so I have that luxury.

You're not alone. I love playing with this thing! Have an important gig coming up Saturday, can't wait to crank it up and enjoy that great visceral, tactile positive emotional feedback loop. I never use my amps now.

The day the power is out??
Just completed a 9 month project of putting in a whole house generator and what do you know exactly one week later the wind blows, the trees fall and the power goes out this past Monday. Generator kicks on after the big blink! HUGE

2.5 hrs of power divided by that $$$ bill. ;)

Marc Rodriguez Art GIF

Love it!
Absolutely, but it has nothing to do with the Axe-FX or my guitar or anything else but me. Some days or moments, the inspiration isn't there, no spark. But, it's always back soon enough.

Just completed a 9 month project of putting in a whole house generator and what do you know exactly one week later the wind blows, the trees fall and the power goes out this past Monday. Generator kicks on after the big blink! HUGE

2.5 hrs of power divided by that $$$ bill. ;)

Marc Rodriguez Art GIF
Lost power last May, for 4 days, after a Derecho (basically a straight line tornado) blew through and snapped trees and hydro poles like they were toothpicks, in seconds. Only lost one side of a maple tree but thankfully, the tip just barely touched the house. I didn't plant trees on the west side of the house for this very reason. The tree that split, was on the north-west side, away from the house.

I thought about a whole house generator, but decided instead on a Generlink, with whole house surge protection. Allows me to connect a generator to it and turn on critical circuits in the house...#1 - guitar room, #2 - well pump, #3 - refrigerators, etc. The electrician is just waiting for an appointment with Hydro One to pull the meter base.

Last edited:
Absolutely, but it has nothing to do with the Axe-FX or my guitar or anything else but me. Some days or moments, the inspiration isn't there, no spark. But, it's always back soon enough.

I’m on the FM3, not the Axe. It’s great but yes there are days when I just can’t get it going.

I’m in love with the tone every time i turn my axe on…. Was never this way with any of the amps I’ve owned. Fractal rocks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom