Is there anything better????

pamisano

Inspired
Ok, so I sold my Egnater M4 and my Peavey Wolfgang to fund the purchase of an Axe-Fx Ultra. $2000 is a lot of scratch. So, before I pull the trigger I want to be sure I have researched every possible angle. I have tried numerous tube amps from Orange, Krank, Splawn, 5150, JSX, Classic 50, Randall MTS, Egnater. I have also tried numerous processors and software from all the old school, GSX2000, Digitech DSP, Peavey, etct to the newer X3 Live, Tonelab SE, Guitar Rig, Amplitude, Pod Farm, etc.

At this point I am fairly confident that the Ultra is the best all encompassing thing out there. But I want to be sure! Is there anything out there that gives the Axe-Fx a run for it's money. Something I should be sure to check out before pulling the trigger on the Ultra.

I am pretty much a tech head with tons of computers and gadgets at home. So, I know processing power/ is not the answer. Programming and tinkering are not an issue for me...I love it!

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated, the sooner the better as I am jonesin to get the Ultra before I blow the cash on something else :)

Thanks in advance,

Pete

I think the Digidesign Eleven Rack or the Rocktron Prophesy would certainly be better than anything you'll get out of Line6, Digitech, or a PC based sim. But nothing is in the same league with the Axe Fx.

pamisano said:
iaresee said:
Oh there's better. But if I told you about it, I'd have to kill you.

Could you give me a hint and just beat me up real bad :)
I'm afraid I've already said too much. The men in black are on their way.

* Of course there's nothing better.

Ambitious to come to the Fractal board and ask if there's something better!

I'm sure you've done the research and found clearly, there's nothing in the ballpark. (Although those on a budget and lesser needs have been satisfied with the 11R...at least a few of the amp models.)

Yes, it's alot of scratch, but since I went through $10,000 + in 3 years before I bought the Axe-FX, and nothing else in the 3 (almost 4 now!) years AFTER, think of all the money you'll save.

Ron

"Is there anything better"... NO not yet, not in the modeling world the Axe is the shizzel. Are their modelers that are cheeper that sound good yes.

So I pulled the trigger. Bought the Ultra and am already impressed. I submitted my purchase. Went to lunch and when I came back, had already received a shipping notice. Not just an order confirmation but a shipping notice, complete with tracking number. Now that is service!!!!

pamisano said:
So I pulled the trigger. Bought the Ultra and am already impressed. I submitted my purchase. Went to lunch and when I came back, had already received a shipping notice. Not just an order confirmation but a shipping notice, complete with tracking number. Now that is service!!!!

Congrats... Im sure your going to love it.

pamisano said:

Besides the fact that the Axe is great, the support and service from both Fas and G66 in europe is by far the best i have ever seen.

You gonna love your ultra, grats ... :D

If you're talking about an individual amp, some of the tube amps I've owned/played sound as good as their Axefx models. But having them ALL and others I've never thought I could afford in one little rack, ready to play with the flick of the switch, with such a variety of speaker cabs, with all of the best fx I've ever played, and some I've never thought I'd be able to afford, was beyond my wildest imagination.

No, there is nothing even remotely close, at this price.

Muris_Varajic said:
2 AxeFx...that might be better.
An icecream cone!!! Now that would be better, yeah, for get all you I just want an icecream cone!

And this Thermos!

An icecream cone and a Thermos, yeah that's the ticket.

Well, OK an icecream cone, a Thermos, AND an Axe-FX, or maybe 2, and a pizza...

And a free car. :D

Back
Top Bottom