Is there an automatic gap when setting a CS to a scene, because that's what I'm finding.

olorin

I have set up CS3 on my unit to vary between clean and dirty on the same amp and amp channel on my FM3, per some of the instructions on the forum. When the CS3 is assigned to one of my footswitches and I press it, the amp change is instantaneous, so it works as it should. However, if I don't have the CS3 assigned to a footswitch, and instead want it to automatically come on when I change scenes, there is a gap as if the amp is changing channels, but the amp and cab channels are the same. I have about 8 different amp parameters assigned to CS3. Is this gap normal when changing scenes and forcing the CS3 on via the CS per Scene functionality?

If you have a 'Hold' function on your scene switch(s), the scene won't change until you release the switch.

With the limited number of switches on the FM3, 'Hold' functions are pretty important. So your options are...
  1. Practice timing your switch releases to get the scene (or whatever Tap function) to fire off at the desired time.
  2. Remove the 'Hold' function on any switch that you want to activate when the switch is pressed.
    And, add more switches via Stand-in switches, or an FC pedal.

Last edited:
Curious as to why you are using a CS to go from clean to dirty. Why not just use scenes?

For example, I have my FM3 setup to use six scenes on the three switches. From left to right on the FM3:

Switch 1 = Scene 1 Clean and Scene 2 Clean FX
Switch 2 = Scene 3 Rhythm and Scene 4 Rhythm w/drive
Switch 3 = Scene 5 Lead with delay and Scene 6 Lead no delay

I have the tuner and views (takes me to Scenes 7, Scene 8, needed effects, CS) assigned to external 2 button switch.

Showed the above to outline how you can have a clean and dirty on scenes vice a CS. Like below:

Switch 1 = Scene 1 Clean and Scene 2 Dirty, etc.

Just a recommendation that might help free up some switching options.

Curious as to why you are using a CS to go from clean to dirty. Why not just use scenes?

For example, I have my FM3 setup to use six scenes on the three switches. From left to right on the FM3:

Switch 1 = Scene 1 Clean and Scene 2 Clean FX
Switch 2 = Scene 3 Rhythm and Scene 4 Rhythm w/drive
Switch 3 = Scene 5 Lead with delay and Scene 6 Lead no delay

I have the tuner and views (takes me to Scenes 7, Scene 8, needed effects, CS) assigned to external 2 button switch.

Showed the above to outline how you can have a clean and dirty on scenes vice a CS. Like below:

Switch 1 = Scene 1 Clean and Scene 2 Dirty, etc.

Just a recommendation that might help free up some switching options.
Are you're using Scene Controllers or are you changing Amp block channels?

The OP is using the same amp, presumably to avoid Amp block channel switching audio gap.

Are you're using Scene Controllers or are you changing Amp block channels?

The OP is using the same amp, presumably to avoid Amp block channel switching audio gap.
Yes, forgot to write that in the above.

Scene controllers attached to the gain knob to lower or raise gain. Using same amp/cab on all scenes.

I am using this method to get rid of the audio gap when switching channels. But when using the CS per Scene functionality, the gap is the same as if I am switching channels. And it doesn’t matter if I have anything in the hold button of the FS button as I tried that also. If CS3 is on its own button there is no audio gap. So I’m trying to see if this is normal behavior or not.

I’m using the Austin Buddy Live Gold 1987x amp model, and love the tone of this amp. In the past I’ve used dirt pedals in the FM3, but really want this amp to work with no audio gap.

And I need to change more than the gain to get the tone I want, thus adding around 8 parameters to the CS. Scene Controllers wouldn’d be able to handle this (I think)

And I need to change more than the gain to get the tone I want, thus adding around 8 parameters to the CS. Scene Controllers wouldn’d be able to handle this (I think)
Yes, they would... I believe they support 16 or 32 assignments.

I am using this method to get rid of the audio gap when switching channels. But when using the CS per Scene functionality, the gap is the same as if I am switching channels. And it doesn’t matter if I have anything in the hold button of the FS button as I tried that also. If CS3 is on its own button there is no audio gap. So I’m trying to see if this is normal behavior or not.

I’m using the Austin Buddy Live Gold 1987x amp model, and love the tone of this amp. In the past I’ve used dirt pedals in the FM3, but really want this amp to work with no audio gap.
And you're certain the Amp block channel is not changing when the scene changes?

Make sure you have no other active blocks that are changing as well such as Reverb, Drive, etc. That will cause a slight gap also.

I’m actually making progress with this, as I keep learning more and more about the switch functionality even after owning this for about 3 years. Not to bore anyone but here’s what I’ve come up with, in case it helps anyone. 2 comps, 2 drives, delay and reverb in parallel, chorus and trem. About 75% cpu.

Amp and cab channels are the same on scenes 1 and 2, and I use the Klon to get a little overdrive on scene 1. I toggle footswitch 1 to change these scenes. No gap. I set up CS3 on switch 3 to give me the lead and volume boost (changes amp tone controls, gain, drive pedals, geq volume boost, etc) that I want.So if I kick in CS3 on scenes 1 or 2, no gap.

Scenes 3 and 4 are toggled on switch 2, channel d of the amp. But I only toggle these two scenes to give me a lead sound at regular volume then scene 4 simply inserts the 2nd geq for a boost. No gap.

It’s absolutely wild what this unit can do if you just spend time thinking about what you want to achieve. My head hurts!

Thanks for everyone’s assistance.

I’m gonna spend some time too i this because, like you, I had a gap when using CS you per scene on tue same amp channel.

Very interesting thread.

Actually it didn't work. It seemed the unit was overloaded by all the CS modifiers I set up. What was happening was the unit would freeze and the tone sounded like it was coming from the midpoint of a wah pedal. This happened multiple times. I would turn the unit off, back on, it would work for a few minutes until I edited things and would crap out again.

I thought the Preset was possibly corrupted so I started a new Preset in a different location from scratch. As I added CS modifiers the same thing happened.

So I ditched that method and just used the scene controllers controlling Normal Gain with 1, Treble gain with 2, Input Boost with 3 and Cut switch with 4. Also played around with some different pedal blocks to give me the tone shaping I wanted. It still sounds great, no gaps, no unit freezing.

Amp and cab channels are the same on scenes 1 and 2, and I use the Klon to get a little overdrive on scene 1. I toggle footswitch 1 to change these scenes. No gap. I set up CS3 on switch 3 to give me the lead and volume boost (changes amp tone controls, gain, drive pedals, geq volume boost, etc) that I want.So if I kick in CS3 on scenes 1 or 2, no gap.

————

If I am reading correctly you are switching drive pedals and therefore switching channels at some point correct What happens if you just stayed w the Klon
or turned on the amp boost For the lead boost ?

I was not changing amp channels (or Cab channels ) on any of the scenes, was just using a Control Switch on about 10 different parameters to try and go gapless, but that overloaded the unit somehow.

So my plan B is working great instead.

Back
Top Bottom