Is there a workaround to 1000ms limit on modifier damp parameter?

Long cross fades via the damping factor is one of my biggest wishes! It was on the wish list for a long time. I actually had a conversation with Cliff about this at an Amp Show several years ago, and he said that he would implement an "x10" switch to allow long cross fades by lengthening the damping factor by a factor of 10. Perhaps he will get around to it someday...
It would be glorious is this were implemented. Here's a wish for a special f/w release for effects and utilities enhancements.

no the only way to run the adsr is via envelope.

again...another wishlist item of mine is to be able to run the adsr via an internal or external controller... :(

It's a great idea and an obvious one for anyone who has tried to use the ADSR for controlling parameters. Unfortunately this idea has gone ignored.

It would be glorious is this were implemented. Here's a wish for a special f/w release for effects and utilities enhancements.

Well, you saw the last FW update (boring). There seems to be almost no interest in developing the effects or utilities of the Axe Fx.

Now, now... please don't piss off the creator, he may be working on goodies for us (I'm one of those who has had enough amp models for a long time, and am hopeful there will be some other type of feature-candy in the works).

Well, you saw the last FW update (boring).

IMHO the last release was a huge step to reduce the number of complaints in the veil of "oh no! I updated and my presets sound different!". Do I think it was needed? Nope. Do a big subset of the user base complain about this? Yes.
This means that FAS do listen to the requests from the users, of course they need to prioritize according to their user base and their current development plans.

Bump...

Now that Quantum 7.00 is considered to be pretty damn near perfection from an amp modelling perspective, how about some love for other features, utilities and user interface? This thread was about increasing the limit on modifier damp, but there are some really amazing advanced features wish lists from the likes of Simeon, Yek and others that would take the Axe FX to new heights in areas other than the modelling itself...

I don't find Q7 boring, but I do think it's excellent for amp tones/replication. I fully endorse upgrading effects and utilities!
For the record, the post you were quoting (from Ant Music) was an old post from last summer, so he wasn't claiming that Q7 was boring.

For the record, the post you were quoting (from Ant Music) was an old post from last summer, so he wasn't claiming that Q7 was boring.

Well actually I'm still on Q3 or 4. No point upgrading until they actually update the fx AND utilities. I'm already happy with amp tones and I don't need any more Amps that I'll never use. So I'm not bothering with new FW. It has nothing for me so far.

Maybe run it into a delay or looper? Might not be a smooth as an adsr control but you might be able to get the sustain effect at the end of Eruption before it fades. Set feedback to achieve fade time.

Back
Top Bottom