Is there a way to save a Blocks settings as default for that block?

Aeser

Inspired
For example i have the WAH set up the way i want it i don't mind changing minor things here and there, but would LOVE to just call up a wah block and have it already mapped to my pedal with the auto engage set to medium and everything, is there a way to save the settings of a block so you can do this? Thanks!

For example i have the WAH set up the way i want it i don't mind changing minor things here and there, but would LOVE to just call up a wah block and have it already mapped to my pedal with the auto engage set to medium and everything, is there a way to save the settings of a block so you can do this? Thanks!
Set everything the way you want save it to your library w a name like custom wah or whatever
Next time you add a wah new preset. Select library and you will see it
Remember to refresh the effects library after you save things

The steps are right click is the editor then choose library and then save for they block type.
You can then recall that block with your settings by right clicking in a empty block and choosing recall then the block type etc…
Hope this helps. Saves me a lot of time as well.

Unfortunately there's no way to do that. You can save your preferred settings to the block library of course, but it might be nice if you could save a block to the block library with a special name, like "Default", and that gets automatically loaded whenever you add a block of that type to the grid.

Unfortunately there's no way to do that. You can save your preferred settings to the block library of course, but it might be nice if you could save a block to the block library with a special name, like "Default", and that gets automatically loaded whenever you add a block of that type to the grid.
Interesting as you can name them in the block library when you save them.

Yeah. Maybe an option to 'set as default' when ever you save a block to your Block Library. Then whenever you add that block to the grid, it loads that particular one from the library. Even better if it can be associated to a specific instance. ie.. Amp 2, Filter 4, Reverb 1, etc...

Yeah. Maybe an option to 'set as default' when ever you save a block to your Block Library. Then whenever you add that block to the grid, it loads that particular one from the library. Even better if it can be associated to a specific instance. ie.. Amp 2, Filter 4, Reverb 1, etc...
Yeah, it will only add a AMP1 if a AMP2 is already present. Also true for each effect.
I have started playing with templates for reusable amp effects layouts that I seem to build often.

I have started playing with templates for reusable amp effects layouts that I seem to build often.
A template is a good solution if it’s the basic layout you want.

I’d use a saved preset because it is faster to switch back and forth with the preset being built. I bounce around grabbing blocks from various presets to recombine into something else, but it doesn’t have to be a working preset, it can be a container only holding preconfigured blocks. Open it and copy a block and switch to the destination preset, paste, then save it, then switch back. Hold down Command on the keyboard and click the Preset button and it’ll show the previously used presets so it is easy to alternate back and forth.

These are kludges because Edit doesn’t have a concept of a default block. I suspect that is because Edit isn’t really the boss of the modeler, it’s more like a terminal to a mainframe that has developed some scripting abilities over the years. If the front panel doesn’t have something the editor didn’t either at first, but some wishes/ideas were more easily implemented there so it’s grown as time passed. Maybe it will get a “default” designation for blocks eventually, but with the Library and other workarounds the need isn’t that pressing.

Good idea!

A template is a good solution if it’s the basic layout you want.

I’d use a saved preset because it is faster to switch back and forth with the preset being built. I bounce around grabbing blocks from various presets to recombine into something else, but it doesn’t have to be a working preset, it can be a container only holding preconfigured blocks. Open it and copy a block and switch to the destination preset, paste, then save it, then switch back. Hold down Command on the keyboard and click the Preset button and it’ll show the previously used presets so it is easy to alternate back and forth.

These are kludges because Edit doesn’t have a concept of a default block. I suspect that is because Edit isn’t really the boss of the modeler, it’s more like a terminal to a mainframe that has developed some scripting abilities over the years. If the front panel doesn’t have something the editor didn’t either at first, but some wishes/ideas were more easily implemented there so it’s grown as time passed. Maybe it will get a “default” designation for blocks eventually, but with the Library and other workarounds the need isn’t that pressing.
I get what you are saying. The copy and paste blocks between presets is one of the best quality of life features in the Fractal Editor.

I get what you are saying. The copy and paste blocks between presets is one of the best quality of life features in the Fractal Editor.
Something else that might work well for you is to save the blocks you like into the Library, then open the Library's folder and select individual blocks you like then copy them to another folder that you call… perhaps… "defaults". The filename of the block on the disk is somewhat cryptic because it's timestamped and the name you gave the block has been cleansed so the OS will accept it, but, once moved, you can rename the block whatever you want as long as the OS accepts it. The real name you gave the block is embedded inside the file so it'll appear with the original name if you browse the folder using the Library.

From that point you can open a blank preset, perhaps using a template that gets your basic layout in place, then drag blocks from the folder into the grid, dropping them where you want.

Additionally, Edit lets us create a new folder inside the Library's default folder using Preset > Save All Blocks to Library, which contains all the blocks inside the active preset. It will be named according to the preset's name, again with OS-required cleansing of the name. That can be very useful if you want to reuse blocks from another preset, perhaps a factory preset.

Back
Top Bottom