Is there a way of 'Locking' effects

PosterBoy

Inspired
Many patches are being dialed in now with a drive block being crucial to the sound of the patch and not just used for extra gain for soloing etc.

Is there a way of locking that block so your that in wild and reckless abandonment you go to solo and hit your drive button on the pedal board (as most of your other patches it's there for solos) and bypass the drive by mistake.

Was I clear?

Is this a stupid question?

Let me restate the question.
You have a midi controller with a switch that controll drive1 bypass (globally).
You want to be sure that in some patches drive it's always active.

No, there's no way to "lock" state.
Hint: use "drive2", instead of drive1. ;)

I use both on my set up but I'm thinking of doing a little changing and using a filter as a boost rather than a drive.

So yes it will solve the problem for that.

but it could still be useful for other blocks

Maybe I misunderstood the question but if you want to be sure not to accidently bypass an effect I just would not assign a global controller to that effect.

Of course that also means that you have to assign a specific controller in every patch where you do want to be able to turn one specific effect on or off (or change parameters or whatever else can be thought of to be controlled).

There is a way to do that: Assign anything as that block's bypass modifier in the preset and set start/mid/end so the curve is entirely above or below 50%. The modifier prevents the global CC from doing anything.

Bakerman said:
There is a way to do that: Assign anything as that block's bypass modifier in the preset and set start/mid/end so the curve is entirely above or below 50%. The modifier prevents the global CC from doing anything.

:roll: It deserves wiki a page! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom