Is there a way of delaying the drive and mod settings on the tape delays?

I love the tape delays in the Axe, especially with the improvements made over the past year or so. Watching this video, at around the 10-minute mark, he's using the Watkins Copycat and the first few repeats sound clean but degrade as the repeats go on.

Is there a way of replicating this in the Axe? I'm still a bit of a dumbo when it comes to delays.

Thanks,

Dan :)

Yes, although even though I wore out 2 WEM Copicat Mk 3s over many years, I'm not sure they ever got quite as bad as his one. Sounds like it might have a transistor starting to fail in the recovery circuit.

LFOs, and diffusion will, I think be the parameters to attack. I did make and share a Watkins Mk 3 soundalike a while back, and I think it was based on True Tape, but I can't remember. I'll try to find a link to it to share in this thread, and then when I have a moment see if I can get it to sound like a dying Copicat Mk III in the vein of that video.

Liam

[Edit: Here's where I got to last time https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/watkins-copycat-echo.187524/post-2327385 ]

Back
Top Bottom