Is there a tablet app that will control the Axe and....

guitarjim

Experienced
I'm wondering if there is an app that would allow me to create a list of songs and when I select a song, it will set the preset on the Axe and pull up the chart for that song.

Thanks for the help.

setlist maker or songbook+

i'm testing setlist maker on the gig tonight. the custom/design-your-own layout is a bit confusing at first but i think it's the best feature compared to all other similar apps.

Chris. Please report how this goes. We currently use Setlist Maker to compose and circulate our set list. I want to take the next step, and change Axe preset, and stage light settings, to reduce tap dancing.

Chris, if you could also detail what you are using to connect the iPad to the Axe, that would be most appreciated. I'd rather invest in something that has worked for at least one other person.

I use Lemur. The AxeforLemur template with Lemur v4.X allows for setting "favorites". I put the songs that require specific presets in my favorites for quick access.

That truly looks like a cool app, but I need access to the standard Set List functions as well (song ordering, instant requests, chord charts, etc.).

I'll answer my own question here. I purchased the Setlist Maker app and have it all set up with our 100+ songlist. It works magnificently with the Axe and has solved my major irritation of having to switch in and out of scenes to change presets. I just turn scenes on at the beginning and use the iPad to change presets, so I never need to turn scenes off once they are on. NICE!!!!

I'll answer my own question here. I purchased the Setlist Maker app and have it all set up with our 100+ songlist. It works magnificently with the Axe and has solved my major irritation of having to switch in and out of scenes to change presets. I just turn scenes on at the beginning and use the iPad to change presets, so I never need to turn scenes off once they are on. NICE!!!!

sweet! sorry i haven't had time to reply about the apps. having iOS call up songs which calls up the correct preset is really nice huh?

....and has solved my major irritation of having to switch in and out of scenes to change presets. I just turn scenes on at the beginning and use the iPad to change presets, so I never need to turn scenes off once they are on.

I'm several steps behind you, but would love to catch up! Can i describe a "wish" re this app, and you tell me if this is what you mean? Or if it's possible?
I'm presently doing the hopelessly analog method of switching presets and scenes from the front panel, between tunes. So, typically, I'll use Preset#334, Scene 3 for a tune (with, possibly a switch to scene 2 in the middle of the tune) and then for the next tune, I'll switch to Preset #339, Scene 2.
Can SetList Maker be programmed to switch preset, AND scene, in one shot?

OK, question for you iPad users. How do I use Setlist Maker, with a Midi interface, AND charge my iPad at the same time?

the IK Multimedia midi interface also charges the iPad. i don't think any other small unit does. i saw a huge dock from Griffin, but that's awkward on stage. you might need some female-female midi couplers and possibly USB extensions as the IK interface cables are pretty short, especially if your iPad is on a Mic stand 4 feet high - the included cables might not even reach the ground!

that said, if you can remember to charge your iPad before every show, you should get about 4-5 hours of battery life if you manage your display usage a bit. but yeah, having it powered is the best.

the IK Multimedia midi interface also charges the iPad. i don't think any other small unit does. i saw a huge dock from Griffin, but that's awkward on stage. you might need some female-female midi couplers and possibly USB extensions as the IK interface cables are pretty short, especially if your iPad is on a Mic stand 4 feet high - the included cables might not even reach the ground!

that said, if you can remember to charge your iPad before every show, you should get about 4-5 hours of battery life if you manage your display usage a bit. but yeah, having it powered is the best.

Thanks Chris. I have the iRig interface and it didn't charge my iPad today. Need to look into it some more.

oh hmm, i just looked at the iRig MIDI 2 and it seems to NOT charge the iOS device. that's different for sure. maybe there's nothing that charges it now! :|

the old 30-pin (not lightning connector) definitely charged at the same time: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmidi1/

maybe the lighting spec prevents it? meh, this has always been a challenge with the iOS devices used in professional applications.

oh hmm, i just looked at the iRig MIDI 2 and it seems to NOT charge the iOS device. that's different for sure. maybe there's nothing that charges it now! :|

the old 30-pin (not lightning connector) definitely charged at the same time: IK Multimedia | iRig MIDI - core MIDI interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

maybe the lighting spec prevents it? meh, this has always been a challenge with the iOS devices used in professional applications.

You're a killjoy.... ;)

anyone know how to turn on effects in a preset? B0 2F 00 will turn off Delay, however, B0 2F 01 will not turn delay on if it is already bypassed. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!

Hi All,

I have Setlist Maker and I'm having problems getting MIDI preset switching to work. I have an iRig MIDI 2 hooked into my iPad with the iRig's MIDI out running to the Axe FX MIDI in. The Axe has the MIDI Channel set to 1 in the I/O menu. When I switch songs in Setlist Maker, the iRig's indicator light flashes, so I'm pretty sure the MIDI command is firing, but nothing is changing. I have screenshots from the iPad to help those of you that have successfully gotten it to work diagnose the problem.

This is my MIDI Device setting for the Axe FX.

IMG_0010.jpg

This is the Audio & MIDI settings.

IMG_0011.jpg

This is one of the MIDI presets.

IMG_0012.jpg

And this is one of the song settings.

IMG_0013.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nevermind, I used the program change dialog instead of raw hex. 0 __ 0 for preset 1, reseated the MIDI cable and now everything works fine.

Back
Top Bottom