Is there a program that lets me send CCs from a mac?

gdgross

Experienced
Exactly that. Is there a program available that will allow my to send PC and CC messages from my mac?

Sysex librarian will play the files fine via my USB UNO, but I need the files to play first if I want to use it. I can set up my LF jr to send what I want no problem, but then I need to go get another 9V supply, since it normally runs on phantom power and the original 9V is tucked away in my rack.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks, but I don't know how to write a sysex file! Is there a tutorial anywhere?

My files will be very simple! just a PC change or a CC change or something basic like that.

Thanks!

This thread confuses me.
I think the confusion results from this line...
Sysex librarian will play the files fine via my USB UNO, but I need the files to play first if I want to use it.
What?

That has nothing to do with PCs or CCs...?

Can you clarify what you're trying to do?

godprobe said:
That has nothing to do with PCs or CCs...?

Can you clarify what you're trying to do?

:lol:

He wants to write data files that contain SysEx messages for his Axe-Fx and then use SysEx Librarian to put that data on the wire for the Axe-Fx.

Here's why I'm confused... if *this* was the actual question...
gdgross said:
Exactly that. Is there a program available that will allow my to send PC and CC messages from my mac?
...then I could give *this* as the answer...
http://www.overload-live.de/vmfc/

...but then you all started bringing up SysEx for some reason.
In which case... yeah, I think iaresee answered it.

[edit]
Alternatively, most sequencer software can also send PC and CC messages via common .mid MIDI files on the sequencer's MIDI tracks, so if you're wanting the PCs/CCs to be predetermined, that's the way I'd go. Look up the docs for your sequencer software for more info.
[/edit]

That virtual MIDI controller looks like what I need. I'll install it when i get home today!

Thanks everyone!

As it's been said, almost any sequencer can send PC and CC messages. What's also fun about them is that you can draw CC message curves in many of them which can be sent to the external controller values. That way you can draw a set of changes for anything you can assign to external CC. There's a lot you can do with that method.

Ableton Live and it's various incarnations are available way cheap and it works really well for this purpose, particularly since you can trigger clips that just contain CC automation.

Mike

Ok, cool! I couldn't get the previous program working anyway.

Anyone have any idea how to set it up in Logic? (Or even garageband for that matter...)

You can do that with Garageband, and sync it to a tempo, and all that jazz. Granted, it's not the easiest way to do it, but it's already on your Mac, so why not try it out. It might be just what you're looking for. Plus it's free. :D

Back
Top Bottom