Is there a 3rd Party Axe Utility that...

joe1871

Inspired
...catalogs the settings for each patch? I don't mean just the blocks in a patch, but the levels of the individual settings of each block. Is this possible? Is there a way to query the Axe, or read it from a sysex file of the patch? It seems like if there was a way to read it, that this would be a very useable and creative app. Maybe an iPad or IOS app of some kind. Or minimum an Excel app.

If you can import the settings from a sysex file, then is there a way to "read" that sysex file for its values? Has anyone done anything like this? Do I completely have my head up my ass?

Reason I ask is that I downloaded a couple of patches off of AxeChange, and then realized that they were very low in volume compared to most of my other patches. I wanted to see where the differences were - I started A/B'ing them, and yeah I will eventually discover it, but it really seem like it would be much easier if I could just run this through a filter that showed a side by side comparison of values for the same setting patch to patch. It would tell me pretty quickly, at a glance.

Just blathering, but maybe its out there. If not, maybe I'll try - not something I have ever done, but I have some resources. Is it a fool's errand?

Joe

Back
Top Bottom