Is there a #103 equivalent in the III?

Corinthian

Inspired
Cab number 103, Basketweave TV mix was a universal fvourite for clean and dirty tones. Is there an equivalent in the new factory cabs?

I know 103 is still there, but is there a new king? What is your go-to cab in the III?

Cab number 103, Basketweave TV mix was a universal fvourite for clean and dirty tones. Is there an equivalent in the new factory cabs?

I know 103 is still there, but is there a new king? What is your go-to cab in the III?

I don't think there are any mixes in the new paradigm (not any I've found), you've got to roll your own.

I don't think there are any mixes in the new paradigm (not any I've found), you've got to roll your own.

I'm not talking specifically about mixes. I mean that #103 was a universally popular 'cab' choice in the older generation and I wondered if a similarly popular one is emerging in the new generation.

There is a file with all the cabs listed floating around , probably in the wiki. Check the legacy cabs

I get what you're asking, Imo there is a ML cab in the factory that is one of my favorites. Not at my axe so I don't know the number but it is a PR75 57 ir. It sounds spectacular.

I'm not talking specifically about mixes. I mean that #103 was a universally popular 'cab' choice in the older generation and I wondered if a similarly popular one is emerging in the new generation.

I know. My point is that 103 is a mix. So to come up with something comparable, the only way you can do it is to make your own mix up. There is no "improved #103" present in the current factory cabs, which is why 103 is still relevant and (thankfully) included. Anything else would just be a single mic IR which, while there are plenty of nice ones, isn't really capturing what makes 103 103.

Austin

I get what you're asking, Imo there is a ML cab in the factory that is one of my favorites. Not at my axe so I don't know the number but it is a PR75 57 ir. It sounds spectacular.

I believe that's Factory 2, 573. And it does sound great.
I've been using a mix of Factory 2, 769 and Factory 2, 771 (at -8 dB) for a while now, no doubt inspired by something I saw in one of Leon Todd's video or presets. It works better than 103 for me, which is what I was initially using for everyhing.

Once you start poking around, OP, you might find something that works better for you. If not, 103's still there.

Austin

To reiterate the OP's question for those who didn't understand the first time:

I know 103 is still there, but is there a new king? What is your go-to cab in the III?​

He's not asking if 103 is still there or how to mix a replacement. He's asking if there's one you like better than trusty ol' 103 now that more are available. I'm interested as well, because the 103 Basketweave TV mix is one of my favorites in the AFX 2.

To reiterate the OP's question for those who didn't understand the first time:

I know 103 is still there, but is there a new king? What is your go-to cab in the III?​

He's not asking if 103 is still there or how to mix a replacement. He's asking if there's one you like better than trusty ol' 103 now that more are available. I'm interested as well, because the 103 Basketweave TV mix is one of my favorites in the AFX 2.

I understand the question just fine, but my answer is the same, I still use what works.

Just because it’s “legacy” doesn’t mean it’s inferior or needs to be replaced. If it works, it works.

Back
Top Bottom