Is the Mk I now a little outdated?

5phdy3.jpg

Andy, this quote is from tech support in 2016, regarding corruption I was experiencing with a preset on my original Axe-FX II:
But the space was always limited by how much CPU available. Technically adding a row of blocks you can't use isn't much use or bigger in any practical sense .

But the space was always limited by how much CPU available. Technically adding a row of blocks you can't use isn't much use or bigger in any practical sense .

Space is not limited by CPU -- processing power is limited by CPU. And my preset had CPU to spare even though it could no longer fit in the allotted preset size.

Comparing analog technology to a computer is crazy
As is saying the Axe Fx is a computer, it's a gross oversimplification. It is a specialized signal processor. Cliff has figured out how to create amps at the component level in the digital realm. In reality, the Axe III has more in common with its analog counterparts than with a "computer".

This is the actual text on the page:
But no extra real estate 100% cpu is identical in both units and you simply couldn't run out of blocks on the original, anywhere near the number available would have long run out of CPU so theoretical extras is less than pointless and doesn't represent more unless you measure a preset by the space you couldn't use around it.

Space is not limited by CPU -- processing power is limited by CPU. And my preset had CPU to spare even though it could no longer fit in the allotted preset size.
in practice it is because everything you do has a draw on CPU and that was always the limiting factor . It never was the number of blocks in the grid to build your preset from.

As is saying the Axe Fx is a computer, it's a gross oversimplification. It is a specialized signal processor. Cliff has figured out how to create amps at the component level in the digital realm. In reality, the Axe III has more in common with its analog counterparts than with a "computer".
This is true .

No you are wrong. Extra space that you can't use isn't extra space in my book anyway.
No, you are wrong. The extra space was added to XL and XL+ because it solved a real problem -- it is possible to create complex presets that do not consume all available CPU but do fail to store/load properly on II and MkII because of preset size memory limitations (as quoted in #161).

Take a look at the title, you will know in what context I wrote it.
I have had a Fender tube amp myself for many years and I don't think it's outdated. I have MK1 too and it is updated :)

No, you are wrong. The extra space was added to XL and XL+ because it solved a real problem -- it is possible to create complex presets that do not consume all available CPU but do fail to store/load properly on II and MkII because of preset size memory limitations (as quoted in #161).
I'll take your word for that. I see it more like: if you tie a dog on a 10 foot lead in a 15ft square space and then you put the dog in a 30ft space with the same 10 foot lead .

I think this thread is just a microcosm of the world. Anything can and will be split into A v B, whether it’s Republicans v Dem, Vax v AntiVaxx, etc… these days every topic becomes all out war…

I am surprised fractal doesn’t just shut this forum down, lol. I don’t feel bad for celebs who receive hate mail and DMs, but people should realize they are pissing on the same people that have been bringing them such greatness for so long, where is the trust? The developers and employees have to come across all these back seat drivers…grow a pair and put your own money up and start a company and see if you can make everyone on the planet happy with every decision you make.

All I see is entitlement.

I think this thread is just a microcosm of the world. Anything can and will be split into A v B, whether it’s Republicans v Dem, Vax v AntiVaxx, etc… these days every topic becomes all out war…

I am surprised fractal doesn’t just shut this forum down, lol. I don’t feel bad for celebs who receive hate mail and DMs, but people should realize they are pissing on the same people that have been bringing them such greatness for so long, where is the trust? The developers and employees have to come across all these back seat drivers…grow a pair and put your own money up and start a company and see if you can make everyone on the planet happy with every decision you make.

All I see is entitlement.
This is a forum not a fan page .

To the people who are bothered by the newer versions, for whatever reasons..., it cost a lot of money, it seems too soon, it "feels" less-than somehow, etc., I liken it to holding resentment to someone: The object of your negative emotions doesn't know this, therefore the anger only consumes you. Which only hurts you. I can empathize, but I just don't feel the same way. I get it, but at the risk of oversimplifying, ya kinda need to just get over it. Try to think of it in terms of, if you never heard about the newer units at all, then it wouldn't bother you, because in your mind, it wouldn't even exist. Idk, just try not to let it get to you, because you still own one of the absolute BEST pieces of gear ever MADE! And go play yer geetar!

This is a forum not a fan page .
Yes, that is correct. Fan v. Forum, its about respect for people and not having a sense of entitlement and actually thinking about the impact their words have on others vs. selfish rants of how they have been screwed.

Take a look at the title, you will know in what context I wrote it.
I have had a Fender tube amp myself for many years and I don't think it's outdated. I have MK1 too and it is updated :)

If your fender amp doesnt have an effects loop, it is outdated.

To the people who are bothered by the newer versions, for whatever reasons..., it cost a lot of money, it seems too soon, it "feels" less-than somehow, etc., I liken it to holding resentment to someone: The object of your negative emotions doesn't know this, therefore the anger only consumes you. Which only hurts you. I can empathize, but I just don't feel the same way. I get it, but at the risk of oversimplifying, ya kinda need to just get over it. Try to think of it in terms of, if you never heard about the newer units at all, then it wouldn't bother you, because in your mind, it wouldn't even exist. Idk, just try not to let it get to you, because you still own one of the absolute BEST pieces of gear ever MADE! And go play yer geetar!
Well written. I like this.

Back
Top Bottom