Is the Axe losing its resale value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But yes, in all honestly, they're all losing their resale value. Sorry to say what nobody in the seller's market wants me to say, buuuut...

Axe-FX Standard - 800
Axe-FX Ultra - haven't seen any but I'm guessing around 1000-1200
Axe-FX II - 1700
Axe-FX II XL - 2000
Was that sarcasm? If so, I missed it... add shipping and you are basicly in retail price range minus the minor risk offset for buying used. Oo

Normal resale value is 60% for musical equipment-been that way forever. There are exceptions - we own one of the exceptions. I think just "ALL" used musical equipment is losing value.

So I guess that makes the op correct - but also applies to amps and guitars.

All products drop in value as the supply fullfills the early adopters, then the generally curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultra ---- 10 years use, still going strong with the ability to sell for over half of it's purchase price. I've seen very few products 'hold' their value as well. Especially electronic gear.

Ultra ---- 10 years use, still going strong with the ability to sell for over half of it's purchase price. I've seen very few products 'hold' their value as well. Especially electronic gear.

Exactly. Electronics holding value for 10 years is actually a damn good.

The value is going up if you're Canadian ;) At current exchange rates I would pay, as of 2 minutes ago, an extra $430.16 more at current exchange rates for an FX8 o_O

Quote Originally Posted by visualrocker69 View Post

But yes, in all honestly, they're all losing their resale value. Sorry to say what nobody in the seller's market wants me to say, buuuut...

Axe-FX Standard - 800
Axe-FX Ultra - haven't seen any but I'm guessing around 1000-1200
Axe-FX II - 1700
Axe-FX II XL - 2000

Was that sarcasm? If so, I missed it... add shipping and you are basically in retail price range minus the minor risk offset for buying used. Oo

Sorry, how?

The Standard was $1500 when it was in production. Wasn't the Ultra like 2K? The Axe-FX II was over 2K and the XL is 2.5K.

If I look at how much money I have SAVED from not flipping gear over the 8 years I have had the Axe FX I have made money that outweighs the miniscule depreciating value of the Axe FX by a factor of 20.

Not counting the fact that much of the depreciated value was forced by FAS themselves, rather than the market, by the constant introduction of 'new and improved' which is always more desirable than older versions. If there was nothing 'above' the Ultra I guarantee the resale value would be even greater.

I sincerely WISH I could say that.

It took me a while to find the right piece of gear, the Axe is it for me and it's been very liberating. Aside from the few last pieces of my rig puzzle I'm happy... even if a move to the next big thing from FAS it's far less expensive if I lose a few hundred moving to the next incarnation that Cliff might dream up.

Enough RR bashing. I mean it.

I don't want to start an argument, but why do you write this? Fractal has made a thread themselves bashing this guy, has made many posts bashing this guy. Why? Because he deserves it. So why is Fractal allowed to do it, but we aren't? In fact the thread that Fractal started is still active. Comments are still allowed on it. It's confusing when Fractal does it, but then gives other people crap for doing it.

I don't see much of a difference in resale value with tube amps in general. Look at a Marshall JCM 800, new they sell for $2,599 at sweetwater. You can find them used all day long on ebay and reverb for $1,000-1,700. Very few pieces of music gear are going to hold their value and the Axe in no exception.

I think the thing to look at with the Axe FX is the Value in it versus the actual cost of the unit. I remember a thread where the Axe was estimated to have close to $750,000 dollars worth of equipment that has been modeled if you had to go out and buy all of the equipment.

I don't want to start an argument, but why do you write this? Fractal has made a thread themselves bashing this guy, has made many posts bashing this guy. Why? Because he deserves it. So why is Fractal allowed to do it, but we aren't? In fact the thread that Fractal started is still active. Comments are still allowed on it. It's confusing when Fractal does it, but then gives other people crap for doing it.

first, please don't go there.....FAS never bashed, they disagree with his statements - a brillant re-action to an internet harassment.

2nd, let it be.......move on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom