Is momentary control over gliss pitch shift possible?

Steevp

Sorry for the clumsy title..

I have an EHX Pitchfork plus, one of its functions is that when I hold a momentary button down the pitch shifts over a preset time, say half a second, So it isn't an instant activation the pitch glissandos up or down over time, or you can stop it any time by releasing the button.

Keeping the button down keeps it at the target pitch until you release, then it either snaps down or glissandos down depending on the setting.

So the obvious question, can I get an FM9 to do this?

Thanks!

I think you can.

Assign a Momentary switch as a modifier to the pitch and set Min/Max as desired for pitch.

Adjust the Attack setting to control how fast it "ramps" from Min to Max.

You may also want to assign that switch to the Bypass of the Pitch block as well.

Yes, But use one of the 'Whammy' models. The others will change the pitch in half-steps chromatically (except the 'Diatonic' and 'Custom Shifter' models if the 'Glide' parameter is set just right).

If you also assign that switch to the Bypass of the Pitch block as well, it will cut off immediately when the switch is released, loosing the glissando down effect. I would lookup the 'Golden Whammy' settings for crossfading between dry and wet, right as the pitch hits '0'.

I think you can.

Assign a Momentary switch as a modifier to the pitch and set Min/Max as desired for pitch.

Adjust the Attack setting to control how fast it "ramps" from Min to Max.

You may also want to assign that switch to the Bypass of the Pitch block as well.
Thank you! This is great news.

Yes, But use one of the 'Whammy' models. The others will change the pitch in half-steps chromatically (except the 'Diatonic' and 'Custom Shifter' models if the 'Glide' parameter is set just right).

If you also assign that switch to the Bypass of the Pitch block as well, it will cut off immediately when the switch is released, loosing the glissando down effect. I would lookup the 'Golden Whammy' settings for crossfading between dry and wet, right as the pitch hits '0'.
Excellent tips, thanks a lot.. there goes another pedal.

A bypass modifier can use damping to keep the block engaged until pitch reaches 0. ('losing' not 'loosing' BTW)

Back
Top Bottom