Is MFC101 done with upgrades?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Has not been updated software in a while. Curious as there are some functionality that has been requested that would make it even better IMO.

I'm afraid that the MFC-101 support is done. In March it's two years after the last update and many great functions have been suggested in the meantime which would make the MFC-101 so much better. But these suggestions have never been commented by anyone from FAS :(

I think there may be more software upgrades for it, but I don't know for certain. I do know that FAS has been coming out with other products, so their focus needs to be on other items as well.....and of course would be prioritized by the needs of each of those products.

fingers crossed there are more updates for it!

I'm thinking scribble strips for a MFC102! Ability to put any effect in per patch for IA would be amazing. Obviously these are for new version not software updates. But the existing MFC could have some improvements IMO.

I have had every reason to believe that the mfc has hit hardware limitations and cannot do the other stuff people want. Especially not with the AX/FX guys would love to see those features come to MFC and they have not.

I have had every reason to believe that the mfc has hit hardware limitations and cannot do the other stuff people want. Especially not with the AX/FX guys would love to see those features come to MFC and they have not.

Well one easy one is having bank start at zero, so live i can go to bank 4 and be in the 41-50 range, not 31-40. Sounds easy enough....but no one is listening to requests thus far.

Well one easy one is having bank start at zero, so live i can go to bank 4 and be in the 41-50 range, not 31-40. Sounds easy enough....but no one is listening to requests thus far.
but is that no relative to how you have your IA's set up?
When I had my MFC I did 5 scence and everything else was IA so I used bank up and down button to tap through my presets

but is that no relative to how you have your IA's set up?
When I had my MFC I did 5 scence and everything else was IA so I used bank up and down button to tap through my presets
Pretty sure I'm not the only one whom uses presets. Regardless...simple request. Not asking to be able to make yogurt out of it.

I recall a post saying it was in no way done with update, just lower prioritized than the newer products.

I recall a post saying it was in no way done with update, just lower prioritized than the newer products.

I've been confused by this for a while. A lot of effort has been expended on the forum collecting and prioritizing ideas for improving the MFC pedals, but I've not seen any word or even a hint from Fractal regarding the situation.

The MFC-101 is a very well-built, tour-worthy, and versatile unit. I've used mine on tour for years, and it's been fantastic. Certainly, it might be handy to have scribble strips, context-driven programming, and some other capabilities. I've found that the combination of the MFC-101 and KickTags is perfect for most of my needs.
That said, I'm also exploring some options for smaller / more programmable controllers. The differential in cost for those other controllers is a big factor in my decision. Dollar for dollar, the MFC-101 is very well designed, and has absolutely perfect integration with the AxeFX.

That would only be the case if you are using a bank size of 10. Default bank size is only 5, so there they wouldn't line up that way anyway. I would wager that more users use bank size 5 or less in order to have more IA switches available, myself included.

Besides, the MFC shows you the range of presets in each bank, so you don't have to guess. Hitting bank up or down shows: "BANK XXX: YYY-ZZZ" where XXX is the bank number, YYY is the first preset in that bank and ZZZ is the last preset in that bank. Look at the preset range numbers on the right and ignore the bank number on the left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom