Is MFC IA's obsolete with scenes?How do u configure your MFC IA's

Billbill

Power User
so the two things I was wondering about in the thread header; After owning an MFC for a couple years now (and having never had an issue so I'm thankful for that she's been a good girl), with scenes, are IA switches obsolete? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to find creative uses for the IA's and everything I come up with I find myself saying "wait I can just do that with scenes lol.
How do you guys configure your MFC? Any creative ideas out there? Thx

I can't do without IA's. I'm not a preset guy. I have one main preset that I play a wide variety of things with. So I have 6 scenes for various things and about 15 IA's. I'm running 4 extra external IA switches plus the two on my Mission Expression pedals. The IA's allow me to change things on the fly. If I had nothing but scenes to cover any scenario that I may use, I'd never remember what did what. With my one preset I can play clean to mean as well as improv. Reminds me of having a big pedal board with a quality switcher. You can setup scenes but you can also manually engage and disengage pedals.

Scenes replacing IAs? Never!

I use scenes to toggle a bunch of things on and off, quickly. But I'm forever stomping on IAs to bring flavours in and out of my sound as I'm playing.

I had all 17 buttons configured for IAs and then the reveal switch shows buttons 1-5 as scene select buttons. So my emphasis was definitely on IAs over scenes.

I'm using a similar approach on the FC + III setup as well. :)

Last edited:
Ahh ok I get it. Sorry I haven't spent much time getting to know my MFC as I've been so focused on learning more about the axe; the MFC was only being used as a patch/scene switcher. I guess the more I learn about both machines the more ideas for IA's. The point about forgetting what scene does what is a good one I didn't even think about that, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom