1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Is MFC IA's obsolete with scenes?How do u configure your MFC IA's

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by Billbill, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

so the two things I was wondering about in the thread header; After owning an MFC for a couple years now (and having never had an issue so I'm thankful for that she's been a good girl), with scenes, are IA switches obsolete? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to find creative uses for the IA's and everything I come up with I find myself saying "wait I can just do that with scenes lol.
    How do you guys configure your MFC? Any creative ideas out there? Thx

2. Narzugon

Narzugon
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I can't do without IA's. I'm not a preset guy. I have one main preset that I play a wide variety of things with. So I have 6 scenes for various things and about 15 IA's. I'm running 4 extra external IA switches plus the two on my Mission Expression pedals. The IA's allow me to change things on the fly. If I had nothing but scenes to cover any scenario that I may use, I'd never remember what did what. With my one preset I can play clean to mean as well as improv. Reminds me of having a big pedal board with a quality switcher. You can setup scenes but you can also manually engage and disengage pedals.

Billbill likes this.
  3. #3 iaresee, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

Scenes replacing IAs? Never!

I use scenes to toggle a bunch of things on and off, quickly. But I'm forever stomping on IAs to bring flavours in and out of my sound as I'm playing.

I had all 17 buttons configured for IAs and then the reveal switch shows buttons 1-5 as scene select buttons. So my emphasis was definitely on IAs over scenes.

I'm using a similar approach on the FC + III setup as well. :)

Billbill likes this.
  4. Billbill

Billbill
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Ahh ok I get it. Sorry I haven't spent much time getting to know my MFC as I've been so focused on learning more about the axe; the MFC was only being used as a patch/scene switcher. I guess the more I learn about both machines the more ideas for IA's. The point about forgetting what scene does what is a good one I didn't even think about that, sorry.