Is MFC-101 MkI capable of MIDI Thru?

Hello everyone,
I'd like to ask if it's possibble to pass MIDI data through MFC untouched (MIDI IN to MIDI out) without MFC responding to them or must be MFC in row of MIDI devices always the first one?
Thank you very much.
Richard, Czech Rep.

I think from reading other posts in the past the general advice is you would need a MIDI merge device to combine the MFC MIDI Out with the external MIDI controller out.

You would also need to then use a MIDI cable as the MFC connection type to the AxeFX (no FASLink or Cat5) which means you'd either need to use a 7 pin MIDI cable with phantom power coming from the adaptor plugged into the back of the AxeFX or have the adaptor plugged direct into the MFC.

That's not a good news. I forgot to mention I don't own Fractal FX, I use MFC-101 with GCX switcher and other stompboxes (Strymon and etc.) in GCX's loopes, simply because MFC is the best controller in its price range. My MFC is powered by RJM Amp Gizmo with 7DIN cable. I intend to use a special MIDI TAP tempo switch for Midas MR18 mixing console's internal effects, this switch has MIDI 5 DIN inteface and I do not see any other way how to connect it than to MIDI IN of the MFC... I already use one IA switch sending 2 CCs to mute 2 FX returns of MR18, but this TAP thing must communicate by some OSC protocol, that's why it must be "special". In case of some MIDI merge device, I would place it right in front of MR18 (one branch from MFC through other MIDI devices, second branch from a special TAP tempo switch). Or does anybody see any other chance to simplify it all? Thank you, Richard.

That's maybe one for @Bakerman to cast their eye over ... he's the one to get to the bottom of MIDI implementation questions with the MFC round these parts

If you aren't using the MFC with an AxeFX it could maybe open up the possibility of the MFC of doing what you want. I use the MFC exclusively in 'AxeFX Mode' so don't take my word as 100% sure.

Back
Top Bottom