Is it possible...

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
Can I use the AX8 in preset mode, where buttons 1-4 are my preset switches and buttons 5-8 are instant access switches to turn effects on and off?

To clarify, you can set buttons to select presets from the current bank of 8. You cannot set the buttons to recall a preset from a different bank.

To clarify, you can set buttons to select presets from the current bank of 8. You cannot set the buttons to recall a preset from a different bank.

To clarify, I'm trying to set up the AX8 for a friends use. He only needs 4 presets but wants to be able to turn effects on and off from each preset. So I would want buttons 1-4 to select the preset from that bank and buttons 5-8 to turn on or off the assigned effect.

Yes. Just assign switches 1-4 to be "global" and make them be preset 1-4.

Assign switches 5-8 to bypass/turn on the effects of your choosing per preset. They can be assigned to whatever you'd wish per preset.

Assign switches 5-8 to bypass/turn on the effects of your choosing per preset. They can be assigned to whatever you'd wish per preset.

Yep. Exactly how I have mine setup

I've gone into the global menu and assigned switches 1-4 as presets, and in each preset i've assigned switches 5-8 to turn on or off an effect. However, when I hit switches 5-8 it just goes to that preset still, what am I doing wrong? Also I should say i'm in preset mode, should I not be?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom