is it possible...

simonp54

Experienced
to tone match a human voice reference?

I would think with this that would be just a tone match block with nothing else in front?

(obviously for a human voice input later... not a guitar!)

my premise for the question is that as far as i can tell... the tone match, is an EQ matching process... is that a correct assumption?

and if it is correct, is there anyway to "extract the EQ" changes required from the AxeFX as it is unlikely that a vocalist would "need" an AxeFX just for this!

ToneMatch is a difference between 2 signals, so for instance you get the difference between your guitar sound and your prefered guitarist's sound : ToneMatch = GuitA-GuitB. Then You plug a GuitB and apply ToneMatch and get Sound = GuitB + (GuitA-GuitB) = GuitA...
But for a voice what would it be matched to ??

ToneMatch is a difference between 2 signals, so for instance you get the difference between your guitar sound and your prefered guitarist's sound : ToneMatch = GuitA-GuitB. Then You plug a GuitB and apply ToneMatch and get Sound = GuitB + (GuitA-GuitB) = GuitA...
This was my first thought as well. What would you be matching it to? I mean EQ wise, every voice is different so the eq curve that works on one voice would most likely not work on another.

so my question is...

difference between "Mr A" and "Mr B" as you put it ToneMatch = MrA-MrB so then plug in "MrB" and apply ToneMatch and sound = MrB + (MrA-MrB) = MrA (tonally)

Think Guitar matched artist = Vocal matched artist...

so the second question... is there any "export" capability of that EQ matched data... im guessing not.

Back
Top Bottom