Is it possible to use the smartphone to play backing tracks?

Thanks for the info on this. This was one of the first questions that came to mind when my FM3 arrived last week. I have to get ready for some gigs and need to playback tracks from my phone through the FM3 and practice along to the track w/ my headphones so I'm not disturbing the wife and kids. I also use iReal Pro a lot as well. Looking forward to giving the USB approach a try later today.
Cheers,

I do it all the time. I have input 2 in all of my live show presets. Using a !/8 inch out from my ipad sometimes my iphone. audio will drop when you change presets. Sometimes i use the usb out of my ipad to the usb in on the FM3 and or FM9 and there are no drop outs when changing presets. But i have to bend down to adjust the level of playback. This is my preferred way but i do have the in 2 blobk in all of my live show presets just incase the adaptor gets wonky. But both ways work great.

I do this every week on my tuesday night live streams. And house concerts clinics and solo shows. When i play with my trio I use it with an app to pla back intros and sound effects.

Try it. You'll like it. :)
Larry, do you adjust the level of guitar or iPad? I’m running FM3 and IPad into a mixer. Wish I could get around it as guitar might sound more true straight from FM3 to speakers.

Larry, do you adjust the level of guitar or iPad? I’m running FM3 and IPad into a mixer. Wish I could get around it as guitar might sound more true straight from FM3 to speakers.
I have the levels pretty much set for my tracks when I made them usually if I set the level in the iPad for one song it works for all of them. I can overall adjust the level coming out of the iPad easy with the iTunes slider or in the input block of the IN 2 on the FM9 or FM3
but that would need to be adjusted on every preset if I do it from the IN 2 block

I do it all the time. I have input 2 in all of my live show presets. Using a !/8 inch out from my ipad sometimes my iphone. audio will drop when you change presets. Sometimes i use the usb out of my ipad to the usb in on the FM3 and or FM9 and there are no drop outs when changing presets. But i have to bend down to adjust the level of playback. This is my preferred way but i do have the in 2 blobk in all of my live show presets just incase the adaptor gets wonky. But both ways work great.

I do this every week on my tuesday night live streams. And house concerts clinics and solo shows. When i play with my trio I use it with an app to pla back intros and sound effects.

Try it. You'll like it. :)
Hey do think it’s possible to do a lil video of how to set it up?

Good morning friends ... I ask this question to more experienced users: I wanted to know if it was possible to connect the smartphone to the FM3 to play the backing tracks and be able to play without being able to connect the FM3 to the PC ... thanks to those who answer:D:D
I can play my iPhone though the fm9 , using a lightning to USB cable and a converter.

Back
Top Bottom