Is it possible to set up a global pitch block?

Hi all,

In my band's set I need to alternate between two tunings depending on the song and use the pitch block to achieve this. I would ideally like to have one set of patches for the whole set and be able to apply a global pitch block to them when appropriate, is that possible? Currently I'm having to manually un-bypass the pitch block and save the preset from the front panel between songs and I'm hoping for a more elegant solution. I have experimented with global blocks but I can't seem to figure it out, the bypass/active state does not appear to carry over between presets.

Thanks in advance

No, blocks exist within a preset. Global blocks share settings/parameters among presets, but not bypass states.

Might be worth it to set up 2 banks of presets.

Have you tried using the X and Y feature. In the pitch block you could have one tuning set up under "X" and another tuning set up under "Y". Either X or Y could be attached to a scene change or toggled via a foot switch. "Global" has a different meaning in the sense that, when you connect a block to a "global" "slot", any change to that block will be reflected in all other presets that block is used in if set to global in the same global slot (the manual has more info on this).

External Control (Axe-FX pedal port or MIDI CC) as pitch bypass modifier can do that. You wouldn't want the MIDI controller to send the opposite value of what you need on preset changes. Depending on the controller this might be impossible with normal CC toggle switches, but there may be workarounds requiring just slightly more work, like switching to a preset where an expression pedal uses a different CC# than usual for tuning selection, then back to the actual preset you use when playing.

Back
Top Bottom