Is it possible to export a factory cab from AX8 to Axe-Fx II?

TonePoet

Hello - I did a search of the forum for this, and came up empty. Not sure if this is possible. And maybe what I'm asking is unethical(?). I own both an AXE-FX and an AX-8. There are a few 'stock' factory cabs in the AX-8 that are not 'stock' in the AX-FX II. Is there any way to export them from the AX-8, then load them in the AXE-FX as a User Cab? Curious newbie.
Thanks

Hello - I did a search of the forum for this, and came up empty. Not sure if this is possible. And maybe what I'm asking is unethical(?). I own both an AXE-FX and an AX-8. There are a few 'stock' factory cabs in the AX-8 that are not 'stock' in the AX-FX II. Is there any way to export them from the AX-8, then load them in the AXE-FX as a User Cab? Curious newbie.
Thanks
No... Since you can't tone match on AX8.

Possible you could put the AX8 in the loop of the Axe Fx II and try a tone match?

I personally thought the factory IRs were the same, but I don't have an Axe Fx.

Or do you have a mkII that doesn't have the additional factory IR slots? Because if that's the case, you have the additional IRs in every firmware bundle ;)

Thanks, unix-guy! There are a few of the stocks IRs in the AX-8 that aren't included in the firmware bundles that'd I'd like to have in the AXE-FX. Not a huge deal, though. Just thought I'd see if there was some way of doing a transfer that I wasn't aware of. Thanks again!

Would CabLab work? I just downloaded the lite version from Fractal's site... It works great converting IR's that normally would not work with my Axe II. If you can export an IR from your AX8, you should be able to convert and load it to your Axe.

Would CabLab work? I just downloaded the lite version from Fractal's site... It works great converting IR's that normally would not work with my Axe II. If you can export an IR from your AX8, you should be able to convert and load it to your Axe.
You can't export factory cabs...

Back
Top Bottom