Is it possible to do this... (traditional pedalboard behavior)

GreatGreen

Power User
Is it possible to setup the AX8's 1-8 switches to behave like a traditional stompbox pedalboard, such that whatever effects you toggle on and off persist through patch changes?

In other words, let's say I have two patches, 001 and 002, and that both are saved with a bypassed delay and a bypassed reverb block. Can I setup the AX8 so that I can engage the delay in patch 001, then switch to patch 002 while keeping the delay block engaged and X/Y state persistent through patch changes?

edit: Also, on an unrelated note, is it possible to setup the AX8 so that holding down switches 1-8 changes the scene in the patch instead of the default behavior of X/Y block switching?

The reason I ask this stuff is because this is how I've dreamed up my ideal AX8 setup and I'm wondering if it's possible:

• Tap 1-8 to turn effects on and off within the current patch
  • Hold 1-8 to change scenes (e.g. hold button 2 to change to scene 2, etc.)
  • Tap F3 for single preset change because it's closest to my feet (in this mode, F1 and F2 would be BANK UP/DOWN, respectively)
  • ...and when I change presets, all the AI switches remain as they last were in the previous patch/scene to preserve the feel of a traditional pedalboard
  • Tap F2 to for single X/Y swap, because "Hold 1-8" functionality would be set to select scene changes instead

This setup seems appealing to me because it would provide the best of everything. Personally, I would probably setup each bank with identical grid layouts and effects for all presets in the bank, except each preset in that bank would have a different amp block. That way I could tap switches 1-8 to toggle individual effects, then I could tap F3 to select a single preset and, because each preset in the bank would be identical except for the amp, it would feel like I was simply selecting one of eight different "amp channels" without disturbing the effects I have engaged.

Then, if at any time I need to quickly engage or disengage a bunch of effects at once, I could hold 1-8 to select a scene. Scene 1 would probably be the effect kill switch, all effects off except Amp and Cab blocks, Scene 2 would be that plus a drive pedal, etc.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
The only way I see it is using the X/Y on the amp block (2 get 2 different amps) on the same preset and turn scene revert off so blocks stay on.

Back
Top Bottom