Is it possible to create a single FCB1010 uno preset for Axe Fx 3 live to do this?

Shepdoggiest

Inspired
I'm getting an Axe Fx3 mk 2 delivered this week. I'm playing and singing a show where I need to simplify my FCB1010 uno rig to work like this so i don't have to look down (yeah, it's a very heavy lift for me) -
Plug in a 1 button switch to FCB 1010 to increment up 1 preset per press.
Make #1 button on 1010 to increment +1 through as many scenes are in the preset, so I never have to look down.
Literally one increment switch to change to the next song preset, 1 button on the 1010 to go through all scenes incrementally up only.

Hopefully making sense. I have Cooper Carter's Axe 3 tutorials and also looked at an Ugly Bunny vid, but he doesn't use an Uno chip (1.2f) Currently using stomp box mode.

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
The Axe Fx has assignable CC#s for both Preset Increment and Scene Increment (and Decrement for both as well).

You can set the CC# you want to use for each and then set the FCB switch to send that CC with a data value of 127 for both ON and OFF.

The LED lights on the switches will be confusing because they can't really track a "state" but it will function correctly.

There may be another way, but I haven't used an FCB in about 10 years...

I very much appreciate the info. Because I won't be looking at it, I can't get confused - WIN! I'd love to have another $5-700 for an FC now, but that's more like next year. Sounds like it'll be easier to accomplish than I woulda guessed.

Another option would be to literally just connect a 2-button switch via a TRS to (dual) TS cable to a couple pedal jacks on the back of the Axe Fx.

Then no FCB required ;)

Thanks for this - it's a great option! If I'm only playing as an opener I will do this as it'd expedite set up/tear down as well. I will need the FCB for all my normal set of presets for cover tunes.

Back
Top Bottom