Is Apple's keychain a reasonable choice for password storage?

Yep, good point. Is 1Password more secure or do they just not disclose their breaches?
We have no way of knowing really, but LastPass's failures ARE known.

The only alternative to a cloud service is a local file like KeePass, which won't stay synched across multiple devices.

I used Last Password and 1Password for years but ran into sync problems on one, then the subscription model was ridiculous on the other, so I manually changed my passwords and switched to Apple’s solution. I figured it’s better to have only one place to point a finger at if there’s a problem.

Are there downsides to Keychain?
Does it have secure notes?
Import from other programs?
It’s only Apple. Syncing can be slow at times. It uses iCloud Drive space so you need enough of that to handle all the things you can put in it. It dies have the concept of a note entry but it’s not user friendly. It can’t import from other programs.

It’s only Apple. Syncing can be slow at times. It uses iCloud Drive space so you need enough of that to handle all the things you can put in it. It dies have the concept of a note entry but it’s not user friendly. It can’t import from other programs.
Thank you.

This article says you can import into Keychain via Safari.

Back
Top Bottom