Is 6.0 supposed to be out today?

Relax guys.
Just listen to some classical guitar and practice,or go watch a nice movie. The 6.0 will be out when it should be out. Honestly I am glad they are taking quiet a bit of time with this release,to make sure all is functioning well.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.

Home
Home again
I like to be here
When I can

When I come home
Cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones
Beside the fire

Far away
Across the field
Tolling on the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spell

I bet that no matter when it gets here it will have been worth the wait. This is a huge update and I'm kind of enjoying the anticipation.

I would be (pleasantly) surprised if we see V.6 today.

That makes sense, I was just thinking earlier that if I was Cliff I wouldn't post the update in the morning. I am sure that they had it 99% done before Cliff would have baited a release date tentaively. Still, after all this work, I bet he wants to chill for a moment and relax and enjoy a sense of accomplishment. The second he posts it, this forum will blow up with update questions, happy reviews, RTFM posts, allegations, and auditory scandals. FAS phone lines will erupt with questions about how to update and the smallest details. Unfortunately, the break between finishing the firmware and releasing it might be the only break and calm that FAS will get.

"Tentative release date is 4/23. It will be an entire suite update: Axe-Fx, MFC and Axe-Edit."

He didn't specify a year. Bwahahahaha!!! That's awesome. Dance, puppets!! LOL
Seriously, that IS funny.

Well, it is a testimony to the quality of their version updates if people are chafing like that. Fractal's history of updates was what made me follow through from the axe standard to the axe II.
That said it's 10PM here and I'll go to bed shortly, looks like it's tomorrow for me.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow for a week, if 6.0 goes out now it will be my worst hollydays ever! I told my wife that I'll stay home if 6.0 comes out tonight!
I'll avoid to repeat her answer to keep this thread on the polite and pleasant side!
:D

Back
Top Bottom