Irwin Thomas tone?

I did a bunch of shows with Irwin a few months back... I have sent him a message but I know he's been kind of busy moving back and forward from the USA.

Irwin is one of the most amazing musicians I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Totally down to earth and a top guy!

We did a Series of Beatles Tribute Shows in Sydney Australia and He did the most incredible version of Helter Skelter at the Enmore Theatre. I'll have to send you the link once the Video is edited.

Rock on Fret!

Hi Fret...

Just got off the phone with Irwin Thomas, he is happy to pass on the details of the rig he used.

He explained the signal chain to me... I hope I get it right

The Guitar is a Fender Strat
Bridge Pickup was a Paf
Neck Pickup was a Silent Single Coil Seymore Duncan.

The Amp is a Venue 30.
The 2x12 Vintage 30's Closed Back

His Signal Chain was

Tuner Pedal
Volume pedal
Virbrato pedal (not used in the performance)
Urlbrick - Megladon Pedal (This was used mostly)

Hope that helps you out mate

Good luck with your tone quest.

Rock on
Kitch

After the first chord, I thought, "Fender Vibroverb." Turns out that the Ulbrick Venue 30 is named the "Verbovibe". :lol:

On the Axe-Fx, I would start with Brownface amp sim, into the stock "2 x 12 Black" or "2 x 12 Gold" CAB sims. To get the Megladon boost, try placing a Drive block in front of the Amp, using either "FET Boost" or "Tape Dist" drive types, and adjust Drive and Level to taste. Add a dash of Small Room Reverb if desired. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom