Iron Maiden Dave Murray

Interesting that the Axe Edit page was on the Amp block's Input EQ page and the curve looks a little tweaked to compared to the amp block's stock setting. The high end is set to shelve off. It's hard to tell if there is any mid bump nudge. The routing looks interesting as well. Really Cool stuff.

1687629949117.png
1687629986407.png

Yep they've always done that, I did an Adrian Smith tone match a while back and it's basically a wiry high mids no low end at all.
It's one of those tones that sounds horrible when you play it in isolation but sounds great in the mix with the cut through etc.

Not a unique concept obviously but still quite unique to their sound. None of my other tone matches are quite like it

Seen them last night in Dublin and Daves tone was rocking, maybe slightly louder than jannick and Adrian, but amazing gig.

Janick Gers.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Adrian is using Kempers.
I would be surprised if anyone in the band would stay fully analogue once someone has made the switch, in this case Dave.
I think he is using the amp sims too isn't he? I know Def Leppard are fully Fractal now including amp sims, some other bands are
still using real amps with just Fractal effects.

You can tell a slight difference if you're very familiar with a particular band's live sound, it's not really better or worse, just different,
from what I've seen at least.

I would be surprised if anyone in the band would stay fully analogue once someone has made the switch, in this case Dave.
I think he is using the amp sims too isn't he? I know Def Leppard are fully Fractal now including amp sims, some other bands are
still using real amps with just Fractal effects.

You can tell a slight difference if you're very familiar with a particular band's live sound, it's not really better or worse, just different,
from what I've seen at least.
As you can hear in the video, Dave is using am and cab sims from the axe and he is also using guitar cabs on stage, so the Axe sound goes to FOH and In Ear and the cabs are for stage volume.

Back
Top Bottom