iRig HD with a USB-C Windows 10 tablet?

ChainOfThought

Experienced
So my toddler shattered my ipad today and it was my practice rig for Afghanistan travel. I've got another trip coming up in a few weeks so I need to figure out what I'm gonna do. Buying another ipad isn't in the cards right now.
My available options are a Microsoft Surface Go, an iPhone 6s/6s+ an iPhone X.
To use the iPhone I would have to buy the irigHD2 to get the headphone out back. This doesn't seem like the worst option since I already know the apps that do the job for me and everything...but I'm not thrilled about the screen size.
Either of the iPhone 6s would be plug and play, but again with the screen size.
The surfaceGo is what I'm most interested in... I would be able to use reaper which makes the workflow easier when it comes to drums, sharing and transferring stuff to the main rig when I get home. My concerns are latency, compatibility with the irigHD and finding a vst that works for me. I have fractal cab-lab so IR's are no problem...hoping that one or more of the freebies everyone raves about would be sufficient for practice and playing.
So my X is not really viable now that I typed this out and remembered I have the old iPhone's laying around. But does anyone have experience using an iRig with a windows tablet PC/usb-c and asio4all drivers?

Back
Top Bottom