IR Capture Result - Strange One Time Result

Axeman

Experienced
I successfully set up my Matrix power amp with my AC-30 speakers. The IR capture mode works great!

But what is strange is the very first capture and save I did sounded fantastic. The captures after that worked, but were much lower in volume. I didn't change anything. It turns out it was the very first one that is very loud. It's about 12 to 15db higher than any others that I'm capturing and saving. I saved the first one into one IR slot and the second one (and all others) into separate IR slots and the volumes between the first one and all others were HUGE! I can't figure out what the IR was saved so loud the first time. I didn't change any parameters.

Any thoughts on why an IR capture would save at a very high gain level and then never happen again?

Do IRs store a gain level? They don't seem to. As I captured more IRs I changed the volume of the amp and the IRs don't seem to change much as long as the volumes are not too different. But the first IR was a huge 15db of gain compared to all stock IRs and the new ones I'm capturing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom