iPhone to Atomic CLR

wyzyguy

Inspired
I would like to run the output of an iPhone to CLR... What is the best cable method to do this? I tried a 3.5mm cable to a 1/4 converter plugged into one input on the CLR and got only 1/2 of the field... Any help would be appreciated. Happy Father's Day !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The issue might be the fact that, if you look at the plug on the earphones that come with the iPhone, is that that jack hamdles left, right, mic, and commands.

You can get a special cable for places like Monoprice for about $2 to let you output audio from an iPhone, or input audio etc

As has been mentioned, the iPhone doesn't used a typical jack with just one ring, but instead has 2, so you need special cable.

There are also some slightly more expensive options that plug into the lightning or 30 pin and have audio i/o jacks, with supposed better sound quality.

I sometimes use one cable that goes 3.5mm stereo plug split into two mono 1/4" jacks. (I actually run that into a pc based Di box first and feed that to wherever I need it)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have used a regular TRS 1/8" (regular headphone) jack that splits into two 1/4" mono cables. But, I was using 2 CLR's for stereo. I do this all the time when I have backyard parties to play recorded music or Pandora or whatever.
A regular TRS 1/8 to 1/4 is all you need to get both sides into one CLR input. It will be mono sound, but both sides.

Back
Top Bottom