iPad Pro backing track recording

mrfunnyguyky

Is there a way to play backing tracks from an iPad Pro (YouTube, Spotify) and record everything in GarageBand? iPad is connected through usb-c and being monitored from monitors connected to the FM9. I can hear the backing tracks fine but can’t seem to route that audio into GarageBand from the FM9.

Presume you mean recording it on the Ipad? I have used AUM and Audiobus for similar things in the past. Latency might cause issues, but worth a try

Are you trying to record on GB that is running on the iPad?
Correct. iPad plays backing track from YouTube routed to FM9, GarageBand records guitar and backing track on iPad. Currently it will play the backing track through monitors connected to the FM9 and record the guitar signal. Just not sure if there’s a block or some other routing options I’m not seeing to get the backing track into the guitar mix.

Correct. iPad plays backing track from YouTube routed to FM9, GarageBand records guitar and backing track on iPad. Currently it will play the backing track through monitors connected to the FM9 and record the guitar signal. Just not sure if there’s a block or some other routing options I’m not seeing to get the backing track into the guitar mix.
I'd recommend dropping the YT track into GB and then just recording with GB while monitoring both the backing track and the guitar. Get YT out of the picture entirely. This is what I do and it's way more convenient.

There are ways to do it, but it's not simple, because the ipad will only receive and transmit on channels 1/2 and the FM9 isn't very flexible when it comes to routing i/o. For example, you could send the backing to output 2 by turning on the "usb output mapping" option, plug your guitar into input 2, then patch the output 2 jacks into the input 1 jacks. In the grid, process the guitar from input 2 and the backing track from input 1. Merge them into output 1 and record that into GB.

I use the Auria App to play back Stereo Audio tracks I created from MIDI tracks... use the Camera connection kit to go USB into a Midas M32C card in... worked great

Back
Top Bottom