Introduction & Reaper Newb Question

BK!

Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for a long time and finally decided to sign up. I got my Axe 2 about a month ago and it is truly an amazing piece of gear. Totally blows every other modeler out of the water by a wide margin.

I also have a problem. I have very little experience with recording and I was trying to record some clips with Reaper (which I just downloaded) and can't get Reaper to record from the Axe 2. I have it set up through the USB and Reaper recognizes the Axe 2 on the MIDI channels but will not record anything. Any pointers on getting Reaper set up to record the Axe 2?

-Kevin

This is gonna sound dumb, but did you select the AxeFX as your recording interface in the reaper settings? (aka under audio, not just MIDI)

This is gonna sound dumb, but did you select the AxeFX as your recording interface in the reaper settings? (aka under audio, not just MIDI)

I don't think I did. Told you I was a total newb. I'll try this tonight. Thanks.

-Kevin

Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for a long time and finally decided to sign up. I got my Axe 2 about a month ago and it is truly an amazing piece of gear. Totally blows every other modeler out of the water by a wide margin.

I also have a problem. I have very little experience with recording and I was trying to record some clips with Reaper (which I just downloaded) and can't get Reaper to record from the Axe 2. I have it set up through the USB and Reaper recognizes the Axe 2 on the MIDI channels but will not record anything. Any pointers on getting Reaper set up to record the Axe 2?

-Kevin

if it will not record anything then whats to purpose to carry with it,as asking for the set again i think its a great option really or else you can take some another and just go on with that

I wnet thru this as well when I first got min Axe II (I also use Reaper) all I was geting was a clean signal.
there is setting at the very bottom of the I/O menu that tells the Axe that you are using USB as you input (I forgot what it's called) I struggled for days with this thing until
(rickboot) pointed this out to me and told me what the setting was . I set it correctly and Viola I now have the easiset recording interface to use that I could Imagine.
It was driving me nuts
hee is his response that opened up my Axe II wold of recording
"Make sure the USB/Digi source setting under I/O is set to Output 1. Also, the manual say that with USB 2.0, the AFII provides two pairs of signals over USB to the PC, one dry and one effected. IF you see two, try the alternate pair. "

Make sure that setting is set (it's not, by default it's set to Input 1)

if it will not record anything then whats to purpose to carry with it,as asking for the set again i think its a great option really or else you can take some another and just go on with that

I think it's ironic that you have "Study/Speaking English UK" in your sig. :)

Yes education aspects are really a great one to be adjusted with and it is nice to have info on Study English in UK ...

having info on toronto airport limo is really a good one

Back
Top Bottom