Introduction & ? re: Vox wah as expression pedal

mesaboog

Inspired
Hello all,

New here. Been lurking for ages. Put my name on the waitlist last September. When my name finally came up, I was short on funds. So, I saved, sold gear and waited and finally picked up my Standard a couple weeks ago and LOVING it! I will post a full review in the appropriate section after I have had some time with it. In my band, I currently use a GT-10 with 2 Mackie SRM-450's and am very happy with my tone. But after hearing all the gushing over the Axe-FX, I had to have one. So far I am VERY impressed. I am finding that even the stock presets are very good, contrary to what some folks have reported. I really haven't begun tweaking yet...but this will come this weekend.

Anyway, in trying to envision my new rig, I have a simple question regarding expression pedal. I have an old Vox wah 847 and was wondering if there is any way to use it as an expression pedal with the AFX? Mods required?

Thanks & looking forward to contributing to the community in the future.

instead of telling you to search like every other goofball on here...

short story is stock? no, you need a different type of pot in there (linnear) i think, whatever the opposite is of whats in there :) It can be done, stillwell used to do mods, but doesnt do them anymore.

the rocktron hex is the closest thing to a wah feel on the market..

Thanks dpeterson. :oops:

That was my hunch. I did do a search on this topic and I did see that Stilwell did mods on Cry Baby's, but wasn't sure about the Vox wah's Didn't find anything regarding the Vox's.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom