Intro to Axe FX II and Real Amplifier Heads

Apocryphon

Hi guys I'm new to the world of the Axe Fx (especially the two) and I have become curious about the use of an actual amplifier head with the unit together. I have a couple patches and a couple of actual amps that I use for re-amping and performing with and I would like to combine both. I use a KSR Artemis III-100 head and a Dual Rectifier. For Cabs I usually use a Mesa Recto 2x12 or a KSR 4x12. I was wondering if the amp heads would color the tone of the patches or vice versa in a bad way or not? I'm also concerned whether or not the Fractal pre amp would just bypass all the features I like about the amps themselves? Im hesitant and any advice or info I could use would be much appreciated.

-Thank You

If you use a tube amp then you will undoubtedly color the sound... whether this results in a good tone or not is open to interpretation.
There are lots of ways to route your signal with an Axe FX and lots of ways to tweak and change things in the signal path, and somewhere along the line you could find that you become one of the FRFR crowd (or maybe not)

Back
Top Bottom