International Warranty & Servicing

greyanaroth

Inspired
I've had a growing concern after looking at all these "My Axe FX II just died on me" threads. So here's a question to the FAS guys, just to get some clarity.

A lot of us order the Axe to places where there's no official distribution (India in this case) - I personally know almost all the Axe FX users in my country - and we're all dead scared about what we'll have to do if something happens to our unit. In most of our cases, we had to order it to a friend sitting in US, or through ebay, and either got it shipped directly to India, or said friend got it down. Let's just say, it wasn't the smoothest buying experience, and it's a huge favor to ask anyone to buy something worth 2200$ (discount coupon!) on their credit cards etc.

Thing is, if something were to go wrong, shipping it to and from USA would set me back by AT LEAST 300$ (USPS) or 500-600$ (Fedex/UPS). That's a LOT of money! Not to mention the bureaucratic nightmare we'd have to go through in the customs WRT registering it as a "shipping for repair" device. Our country is fucked up that way!

This is a lot of hard earned money we've spent on a unit we fiercely love and we've only heard great things about FAS service. Is that extended to international customers as well? Also, even though I bought my unit from US, shipping it to G66 or Japan would be a lot cheaper for me, I'd think.

Is it possible to tie up with a local store or repair guy and train him online to officially repair FAS units and order FAS parts? Or guide him through via Skype or something? I'd be glad to help you set up something like this in India. eg. When Line6 was introduced, they trained a bunch of guys in the major cities, sent repair manuals, part ordering processes etc. And Line6 units go bad A LOT!

In any case - please advise! Thanks :)

You took a calculated risk buying it. Unless your friend would be willing to be the front man again, you have no warranty as the "second" owner. Given all that, and the costs/issues, I'd certainly try a local repair first. $600 and a month turn around to fix a cold solder joint would be daunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, indonesian had problems too, but yeah fractal support is the best among the best, they will threat you well, no worry

Me, indonesian had problems too, but yeah fractal support is the best among the best, they will threat you well, no worry
So, have you ever been in a situation where you had to send your axe fx to Fractal for repairs? If yes could you please share your experience?

So, have you ever been in a situation where you had to send your axe fx to Fractal for repairs? If yes could you please share your experience?

Yes, my first unit is defect unit actualy dont know what caused of it , ive bought direct from them using usa2indo forwarder, waiting about 3weeks to ship the unit to indonesia, knowing the unit is not normal im RMA the unit using fedex from indonesia-USA its cost about $170, and fas inspect my unit and suprisly they replace my unit with the brand new, they sent back to my forwarder based on US address, my forwarder sent the unit without the extra cost, and here im now, playing the unit without worry of anything
Iguess the key of international buying is had trusty forwarder like we do ,usa2indo

Back
Top Bottom