International shipping

I had cause to send a Hughes and Kettner amp back to Thomann 3 times. The third time I was given a return postage paid by H&K and sent it directly back to them. So sending directly back to manufacturer is not unheard of. Their customer service is good.
I am in EU though.

Last edited:
Ok so Thomann got back to me. Their original detailed email while thorough was a little easy to misunderstand. They said do not use express delivery services such as UPS etc. Now, UPS offering many different levels of service, I figured give them a try yesterday being it was a federal holiday and USPS was closed.

Thomann said specifically do not use UPS and to try the USPS, as they anticipate a more realistic rate. I’ll be hitting them around lunchtime, stay tuned!

Its bananas.

I had a forum friend from Scotland contact me about buying a 7-string Ibanez acoustic for him. He ended up doing a whirlwind trip to Toronto to pick it up because shipping wasnt going to be much less. Sadly I was busy so another forum friend of ours did the hand-off.

I can understand if Thomann wants to do the repair but if it's that easy to do why not ask if they will send the power supply?

Update: went to USPS, who were considerably cheaper priority international 6-10 days. Still, they do not offer the services to fully insure (I wasn’t about to fight with the clerk, I’m in NYC and no one here is very friendly to begin with and I really needed her help). She told me with the fully declared value I have recourse to get my money back. Who knows. 145 bucks. Thomann said to let them know if it was over 120. I was at the window and after all this trouble I just wanted the damn thing on its way already. So, the package is off to Germany. What a huge pain in the ass. They’re sticking with me so far, but I dont think I’d buy again unless it was something I expect to chuck if it breaks. After customs I was lucky I saved 100 bucks over buying locally.

Back
Top Bottom