"Internal" MIDI control?

I just build my universal preset, but found out that one thing can make my life easier and make that preset finished. I need to have a FC-12 switch that toggles MUX between row 5&6 AND changes the channel of Pitch block. Both are possible separately, but I have an idea to set up a MIDI CS switch to send 2 CC's at the same time, the only issue is that MIDI CS works on MIDI out of Axe.

I am actually using MIDI out to control external device.

My question to experts is: is it possible, that I will loop MIDI Thru to MIDI in to use MIDI CS internally with Axe? Could it cause any HW problems?

My Axe is channel 11, other device channel 9. So in theory I could send CC on chanel 11 that will be executed by Axe.

Thanks for advices.

I do it without any problem for a few years. You just have to be careful not creating any midi loops, check in the parameters to desactivate sending midi on scene change / preset change (although it may work without checking that off).
I am mainly sending messages with the midi block to start/stop the looper on scene change and this works perfectly

Yes, going from out to in works. I did that for a while. You can use the midi block in the grid then to send scene related #cc values so you get some more scene controllers. You could even use a scenes midi settings to call up a different preset that way.

Back
Top Bottom